PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue Quad - Crashing after update

djmadman
31-05-14, 18:26
Hi all,

iv never had an issue with my Quad until now.

i have updated the image on it and have reinstalled certain things - which cant be spoken about :nono:

all works fine then after 10 maybe 15 minutes i can only receive FTA

iv updated to the new Apollo image just so you all know

Any help would be awesome.

Cheers all :thumbsup:

djmadman
01-06-14, 15:41
Wow, a day and no responses yet - this must be something new then :p

a little bit more information,
when soft*** restarted i receive all that i should, when switching back to FTA then back to premium that is when soft*** crashes.
i then have to go back into settings and restart soft*** and all is well again

this has baffled me. so any insights anyone may have would be greatly appreciated.

Stanman
01-06-14, 16:26
Very likely the soft cam your using and settings.

With out any of that info how do you expect to help never mind could be the way your getting the channels

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

djmadman
01-06-14, 17:01
settings were the generic ones with the image.

as for the soft cam i was using 2.2.1.
i have just downgraded back to openvix 3.0.390 as i believe this is the image i had installed previously. and i think i was on 2.0.11 so i will be trying that one again

Larry-G
01-06-14, 17:15
Doubtful this is a image issue, more likely due to the methid by which you receive your channels. None of my receivers are having any such issues with softcams on Apollo.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
01-06-14, 17:19
Wow, a day and no responses yet - this must be something new then :p

Well, if you would have posted in the correct section that might have speed up a response ......

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)

djmadman
01-06-14, 17:32
Rob,

To be honest i didnt think that this was a bug issue with the image - i had tried zeus and hellios images and all had the same problem - hence it was not reported in the way you have specified.
I thought my issue was a soft cam one. maybe i was downloading soft cams from untrusted sources? maybe they were corrupt? i dont know hence this post.

i thought my box had been bricked therefore i reported here to try and get some insight, maybe see if anyone has had the same issue? maybe someone had a solution?

Well, looks like i have my box back to the way it was, only thing i cant get to is my plugin feeds - currently down for maintenance - but all is working, good job i could find my old image!

Larry-G
01-06-14, 17:34
Well, looks like i have my box back to the way it was, only thing i cant get to is my plugin feeds - currently down for maintenance - but all is working, good job i could find my old image!

We deleted the plugin feeds for ViX 3.0 and lower as they are now discontinued images.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

djmadman
01-06-14, 17:39
We deleted the plugin feeds for ViX 3.0 and lower as they are now discontinued images.

Ah that would be why then

as for your previous reply mate, saying its more likely the way i receive my channels and not an image issue,
its weird, i am back on my old image and all is hunky dory, yet when on the new image i was having all the problems that i reported.

i want to update my image but dont want to encounter them problems again

Stanman
01-06-14, 18:18
Than use later version of cccam 2.2.1 or 2.2.3

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk