PDA

View Full Version : Fine tune satellite with Usuals

scotsmarc
30-05-14, 07:59
HI,

I am trying to fine tune my satellite as i cant get Eutelsat 16 at all. i seem to get most other sats but sure that fine tuning woud improve the signal on most sats and help me got 16

I am trying to fine tune from the positioner setup, when i use fine movement i get a better signal however when i try and store the memory position it does not seem to store the stronger signal. Is there another way to do this? It seems i need to step 3 or 4 times east to get optimum lock on sats.

I am trying to figure this out on a Vu+duo2 and Openvix

Rob van der Does
30-05-14, 13:12
When using USALS you can't store a position.
What you should do is: see if the signal gets better when stepping East. If so, change your own position a little bit West and repeat the sequence.
And vice versa if signal is getting better when stepping West. Make sure to take take your time and use small steps.

scotsmarc
31-05-14, 12:56
HI Rob van der Does, THanks for the reply, it gets better stepping east. How do i permanently set the system, do i need to re-work my co-ordinates?

Rob van der Does
31-05-14, 14:14
Yes: change your own coordinates a bit to the west then. Use little steps. like 0.1 degree at a time, and repeat the procedure.

scotsmarc
02-06-14, 12:49
HI Rob, THanks for coming back to me. took a bit of time but think i nailed it! Moving slight steps has done the trick

Rob van der Does
02-06-14, 13:07
Good. Now it is worthwhile to see if this value works fine for the most easterly & westerly satellite you can receive.