PDA

View Full Version : ON Demand plugin

Prioryman
29-05-14, 17:17
Guy's installed newest image and then the On Demand plugin. The ITV player works as does the others, but not BBC iplayer. Is there anyone using this plugin with newest image ( thanks you for the work ) as I have checked what I can here.

John

knight4728
30-05-14, 09:17
BBC iplayer working fine on both my boxes solo2 and duo2 on the new Apollo image.

Prioryman
30-05-14, 09:43
Strange, I will do a complete reflash later today and see if thats fixes it.

Thank you

kevdoc
30-05-14, 18:45
I haven't had on sound on the on demand plugin for some time. Have gave up trying.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
30-05-14, 19:34
just installed OnDemand to my solo2, and watching a show via the Iplayer with no issues at all.

kevdoc
30-05-14, 22:28
just installed OnDemand to my solo2, and watching a show via the Iplayer with no issues at all.

If I was to uninstall the plugin like i have many times. Even tried fresh install of image without restoring back up. Is there a settings file buried anywere in the box I could remove and then try to install it again. I haven't had sound since zeus. Then helios and now apollo. Once I try play something and there's no sound. If I leave the plugin I have no sound at all on the box unless I reboot. Restarting enigma doesn't work either. It has be a reboot.

mrxbox360
31-05-14, 00:13
its working fine on my solo2 with apollo & restored from helios 017, the only issue i had was with tsmedia not working but that is sorted now;)

mcquaim
31-05-14, 00:45
If I was to uninstall the plugin like i have many times. Even tried fresh install of image without restoring back up. Is there a settings file buried anywere in the box I could remove and then try to install it again. I haven't had sound since zeus. Then helios and now apollo. Once I try play something and there's no sound. If I leave the plugin I have no sound at all on the box unless I reboot. Restarting enigma doesn't work either. It has be a reboot.

What receiver?

Sounds like a driver issue, not the plugin...

kevdoc
31-05-14, 03:01
What receiver?

Sounds like a driver issue, not the plugin...

Gigablue hd quad

judge
31-05-14, 03:18
Gigablue hd quad

Watched a bunch of ondemand shows on the GBQuad with current Apollo builds over the last few days without issue.
Which player are you using & have you other streaming plugins installed?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

danivtec
31-05-14, 06:32

Have you tried setting AAC to down mix setup --->system---> AV settings

kevdoc
31-05-14, 07:21
Have you tried setting AAC to down mix setup --->system---> AV settings

Am I able to change that with the audio button as if I was going to turn the narrator off? If I remember I tried a few different options with the audio button to no luck. I will take a look in the av settings and try that thanks

EDIT: have just checked and AAC downmix is set to yes and AAC transcoding is off

kevdoc
31-05-14, 07:28
Watched a bunch of ondemand shows on the GBQuad with current Apollo builds over the last few days without issue.
Which player are you using & have you other streaming plugins installed?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by which player am i using? I don't have any installed other that what comes with the image. No I do not have any other streaming plugin installed.

mcquaim
31-05-14, 08:52
Sorry I don't understand what you mean by which player am i using?

Does it happen on all the players (BBC iPlayer, ITV, 4OD etc.) or only some of them?

kevdoc
31-05-14, 09:19
All the players.

Prioryman
31-05-14, 17:51
Well I have installed newest image and did not install any backups. Then downloaded plugin and yet again cannot get BBC iplayer to work. So not sure why one can get it to work and another cannot.

Good game good game.............................

kevdoc
31-05-14, 18:27
Well I have installed newest image and did not install any backups. Then downloaded plugin and yet again cannot get BBC iplayer to work. So not sure why one can get it to work and another cannot.

Good game good game.............................

The Iplayer works for me meaning I can watch the video content. After about 2 secs there's no sound and it never comes back. If I exit the plugin still no sound anywere on the box no latter what I do. Only cure is a reboot. Strange 1.

kiwiz
31-05-14, 18:46
4od goodbye :P aint working

dfssat
09-06-14, 00:28
Is anyone else having problems with 4od on demand? Mine keeps coming up with an error saying
"Not available on ps3"
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

judge
09-06-14, 00:33
Is anyone else having problems with 4od on demand? Mine keeps coming up with an error saying
"Not available on ps3"
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes, 4OD is no longer working once again due to changes made by CH4.

mcquaim
09-06-14, 00:34
4OD is gone I'm afraid.. CH4 closed down the site that we had been getting the streams from so it's the end of the road...

Not sure how your getting that error message though as the main menu should not even be showing currently :confused:

abu baniaz
09-06-14, 00:59
It says not available on the PS3.

It was good while it lasted. Thanks for your efforts.

Prioryman
09-06-14, 11:58
I have given up with the plugin for now as ITV works, but not BBC and I have tried all the suggest fixes. Shame really as it was a great "add-on" for my VU+ Solo2. Strange as was working on old image.

DaMacFunkin
09-06-14, 12:35
The problem with iPlayer is the AAC audio, try in audio settings down mix to PCM, some tvs don't have a problem with it some do.

Prioryman
09-06-14, 12:46
Mate, have tried that still does not work, ITV does but not BBC thats the problem-

mcquaim
09-06-14, 13:09
Mate, have tried that still does not work, ITV does but not BBC thats the problem-

The fact that BBC iPlayer works fine on other Solo2's on the current image means you are doing something different to other users!

Take an image backup so you can revert back quickly! Then fresh flash the latest image. Do not restore any settings and just do a basic setup. Download OD only and then try iPlayer.

If it still has no sound then report back!

Prioryman
09-06-14, 14:53
The fact that BBC iPlayer works fine on other Solo2's on the current image means you are doing something different to other users!

Take an image backup so you can revert back quickly! Then fresh flash the latest image. Do not restore any settings and just do a basic setup. Download OD only and then try iPlayer.

If it still has no sound then report back!

Ok doing that right now. Back soon

Prioryman
09-06-14, 15:11
Well I downloaded image and re-flashed VU+ Solo2. Fresh install and then plugin downloaded. Still iplayer will not work, I can see the listings back will not play back. ITV, 3Player, RTe work fine but not Ch4,iview. I have checked audio settings even though ITV works fine. Ideas?

mcquaim
09-06-14, 16:51
Well I downloaded image and re-flashed VU+ Solo2. Fresh install and then plugin downloaded. Still iplayer will not work, I can see the listings back will not play back. ITV, 3Player, RTe work fine but not Ch4,iview. I have checked audio settings even though ITV works fine. Ideas?

IView only works in Australia and 4OD no longer works so forget about them!

When you fresh installed did you do any settings restore or install any other plugins? Also, how do you have your Solo2 connected to your TV ( HDMI, any amp etc.)?

Prioryman
09-06-14, 17:04
mcquaim, thank you for reply and help. I did not install any other plugins or settings just image - ondemand and thats it. Connected to TV via HDMI only no amp. I could try scart lead, but don't think that will change anything.

John

mcquaim
09-06-14, 17:18
I could try scart lead, but don't think that will change anything.

Yeah, the scart would not change anything..

I'm confused with this, doesn't make sense! With the same receiver and same image as others where this is working then I can't see why yours would act differently, esp when other players work fine :confused:

### Edit ###

Did you say it worked fine only older images?

Prioryman
09-06-14, 18:23
Yes up to I installed Helios - I think I have an old full image backup so will try and install that and see it is works and report back here. What really confuses me is the IYV player works a treat, but not the BBC iPlayer. Thanks again

Larry-G
09-06-14, 18:26
I used the BBC Iplayer side of OnDemand just last week and it worked perfectly on Apollo.

kiwiz
09-06-14, 18:31
bbc itv rte 3 working ok but coudnt get abc to work not sure if thats ip issue

Larry-G
09-06-14, 18:32
bbc itv rte 3 working ok but coudnt get abc to work not sure if thats ip issue

Thats because it's Geo locked to Australia.

mcquaim
09-06-14, 18:34
I used the BBC Iplayer side of OnDemand just last week and it worked perfectly on Apollo.

And that on a Solo2 Pheonix?

Larry-G
09-06-14, 18:36

yes it was mate, I'll give it another go when i get in from work in the morning if i remember.

Prioryman
10-06-14, 10:14
Well been up all night - have tried nearly ever image I could find for solo2 and cannot for the life of me get ondemand to work on iplayer even thoough ITV player works every time! I have checked everything I can from cable from/to router from solo2 and resetting router and IP address to solo2. BBC iPlayer direct works on my PC no problem so I know it's not an internet problem. In the end I have given up and put Apollo.003 back on as it is the best image having tried every other one!!! and can live without ondemand.

Off to bed now................

Larry-G
10-06-14, 14:11

yes it was mate, I'll give it another go when i get in from work in the morning if i remember.

Confirmed, I have the Fifa world cup rewind Scotland v Netherlands 1978 on rite now via the BBCIplayer part of OnDemand on my solo2 using Apollo and it's working perfectly, including the audio.

dnixon
10-06-14, 18:40
I am running Ultimo and Duo and BBC stopped working. I live in Spain but have DNS sorted and ITV Player works fine. Please help what is wrong or has changed with BBC iPlayer?

Prioryman
10-06-14, 19:02
If you're using something like "unblockus" or another UK IP provider and ITV is clearing then there should be no reason whatsoever that BBC iPlayer should not work as well. I have given up and removed it for now.

mcquaim
10-06-14, 21:00
Do you both use a DNS service to watch iPlayer?

Just because ITV works on it doesn't mean they all will work.. If you guys are both using a DNS service then take out a trial on a different service to see if that helps..

If not then I've no idea I'm afraid.. If you figure it out then report back as this might help others..

Prioryman
10-06-14, 21:15
I have tried 3 different IP providers and still it does not work, but ITV does. Thing is my original provider worked and I can get the Iplayer to work on PC, Mac and iPhone, so run out of ideas.

mcquaim
10-06-14, 22:16
I have tried 3 different IP providers and still it does not work, but ITV does. Thing is my original provider worked and I can get the Iplayer to work on PC, Mac and iPhone, so run out of ideas.

Then so do I I'm afraid... You'll just have to do without iPlayer I'm afraid!!

kiwiz
11-06-14, 12:08
ok News BBC Itv 3 works.

and i can confirm RTE is down

mcquaim
11-06-14, 12:16
RTE is fine, I just checked it :confused:

What error are you getting? Are you in Ireland?

Prioryman
11-06-14, 12:19
RTE is fine, I just checked it :confused:

What error are you getting? Are you in Ireland?

Yes it works here too - thats why I don't understand why BBC iPlayer is not working. I have now removed it from my VU+Solo2 as I have no hair left........

kiwiz
11-06-14, 13:56
sorry its back and running again. based in the UK

in the morning tried to open rte error pops up no episodes available

kiwiz
11-06-14, 13:56
Yes it works here too - thats why I don't understand why BBC iPlayer is not working. I have now removed it from my VU+Solo2 as I have no hair left........

BBC working just fine

kiwiz
11-06-14, 13:58

could it be your router blocks you to get access to BBCIplayer restart your router and see

Prioryman
11-06-14, 14:03
could it be your router blocks you to get access to BBCIplayer restart your router and see

No mate there would be no way that I can play iPlayer on a PC and Macbook through the same router, but it would block the VU!!! thanks for the suggestion none the less.

bruce_ica
31-07-14, 15:16
was looking to add 4od and channel player if there is one on my itv player some of the shows play but only for a min then cuts of bbc iplayer working fine can anyone help

Garglo
05-08-14, 12:16
IPlayer working fine. Is there a way to record an on demand viewing on the Vu

mcquaim
05-08-14, 12:28
IPlayer working fine. Is there a way to record an on demand viewing on the Vu

No, this is not possible I'm afraid..

Stu5
20-08-14, 14:44
When trying to play 4od I am getting the message that it can not be played on PS3??

Anyone seen this before?

Stu

Larry-G
20-08-14, 14:47
you must be using a old version of OnDemand as 40d has again been hit by countermeasures by the service provider and does not work on any E2 based receiver, this has been the case for many months and was announced here at the time. There is little to nothing that can be done about this at the moment