PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and im stuck !

ruttle63
28-05-14, 20:02
Hi everyone,spent a bit of time viewing the forum and have now decided to take the plunge and join in :thumbsup:

I have a VU plus Duo and love it to bits but have one problem which has just started appearing. I can't record one channel and watch another. tuner B matches Tuner A. Anyone have any ideas what the problem may be?

Many Thanks
phil

knight4728
28-05-14, 20:06
In my experience you need to do a scan on both tuners, matching didn't work for me either.

ruttle63
28-05-14, 20:09
Cheers, I'll give that a try..

ruttle63
28-05-14, 20:12
It looks like I only have the option to scan tuner A?

abu baniaz
28-05-14, 20:19
The advice in post 2 is incorrect. Glad it works for him.

However, what is the physical setup of what is connected to the tuners. Please list separately.

What is the tuner config (software wise) for each tuner. Again please reply for each one individually.

ruttle63
28-05-14, 20:28
Thanks, two co-ax connected to back of box from satellite dish ( assume this refers to tunersA andB)

Configuration is as follows:
Tuner A:
BCM7335 DVB-S2 NIM (internal) (DVB-S2)
Single
SATs: 28.2E Eutelstat 28A/ Astra 2A/2D/2E/2F

Tuner B:
Equal to tuner A

abu baniaz
28-05-14, 23:23
There are some possibilities which you will have to eliminate.

1. Somoeone is hacking into your receiver and streaming. For testing purposes, you can remove teh network cable and see if recording two channels works.

2. Personally even though both may be teh same, I set them up individually. You may wish to try that. Consider this a minor test.

3. Issue with F connectors check them.

Mark your cables A and B.
4(i). Set one tuner to disabled/not configured. Perform a conventional scan (i.e do not use ABM) with cable A. Note how many channel you receive. Remove cable A, and connect cable B. Using the same tuner config, perform the scan again and note how many channels you receive. Post back.

If both are over 900
4(ii) disable the tuner used in 4(i) and set the other one.
Repeat the scan with one cable at a time.

Good luck

Larry-G
29-05-14, 04:58
In my experience you need to do a scan on both tuners, matching didn't work for me either.

No that's not correct. You only need to scan once with a single tuner for normal operation as All tuners of the same type will work from the same channel database. You only really need to scan the other tuners if you want to check them for problems etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

ruttle63
29-05-14, 19:26
OK, tried both cables separately in both sockets, absolutely no services found !

ruttle63
31-05-14, 17:23
Mate tells me that the memory may be full, any ideas how to clean this up?

Thanks

shuggy
31-05-14, 17:25
try putting sat b to just 28.2 normal instead of equal to a

Stanman
01-06-14, 12:02
Do you have 2 physical cables going into each tuner?

If so go into services and sat finder and change tuner A to B and see if you are getting signal on each tuner, if not try changing the TP.

Also make sure if two cables each tuner is set up as
Simple
28.2E

If you have only one cable then doesnt matter if you have 6 tuners you will be locked to whats on the TP your recording from