PDA

View Full Version : Technomate nano

icemen
27-05-14, 22:36
Hi Peepz
thinking of buying one of these boxes from WOS with the vix image. I got few questions before I purchase.
Does the box come with autobouquets? or will I have to put this on myself? Can I get help on this forum to do that if I have to?
Do these boxes have auto channel freq updates if they change? Again will I have to install this?
Do they have 7 day EPG already installed or do I have to install that?
Will I need a HDD installed for this to have the 7 day EPG and autobouquets?
A mate of mines got one of these boxes with youtube on it? Does that come as standard or will I have to install it myself?

thankz
ICe

Larry-G
27-05-14, 22:48
Does the box come with autobouquets? or will I have to put this on myself? Can I get help on this forum to do that if I have to?
That depends on the image you load to the receiver, for example ViX comes with it's own inbuilt plugin called AutoBouquetsMaker, this is similar to Autobouquets by Lraizer but has some extra features not found in Autobouquets.

Do these boxes have auto channel freq updates if they change? Again will I have to install this?
Thats exactly what AutoBouquetsMaker is there for.

Again this depends on the image being used, in ViX we have CrossEPG installed which once setup works perfectly for sky uk (assuming thats what you want it for)

No a HDD is not required for these functions, but it's best to have one any way for recordings etc.

A mate of mines got one of these boxes with youtube on it? Does that come as standard or will I have to install it myself?
Again image dependent, the 4D image has a illegally patched version of the Vu+ youtube plugin installed by default, you wont find this in the ViX image but you can install other external plugins for the same functionality.

judge
27-05-14, 22:59
Hi Peepz
thinking of buying one of these boxes from WOS with the vix image. I got few questions before I purchase.

Depends on the image you choose to have installed on checkout.
If you choose ViX, yes.

Same as above, autobouquets (ABM for short) does that for you. So again depends on image used/selected.

Again, same as above. Depends on image & again, default on ViX & also depending on EPG providers needed.
It does require some set-up options, easy enough if you use the guides on http://openvix.co.uk

Bouquets are saved on flash. EPG is better off on a HDD or USB.
A large HDD would be preffered for recordings.

Various youtube plugins, some work better than others.
The current HbbTV plugins provide support a YouTubeTV plugin, not currently in the ViX plugin feeds for TM boxes though.

judge
27-05-14, 23:00
LOL...
pheonix beat me with an almost word for word reply while I was typing...

Larry-G
27-05-14, 23:03
LOL...
pheonix beat me with an almost word for word reply while I was typing...

LOL Great minds.

icemen
28-05-14, 01:07
wicked thankz for all that, let me get this right, is there some sort of youtube plugin for vix image?
if I buy from WOS will I get instructions on how to set up 7day EPG and the ABM?
Also Just get one with a HDD so I can record
Is there sub folders so I can split channels into films, sports, Asian etc....
also Can I delete the adult channels from the autobouquets or password protect them on vix?
Asuming I'm getting one with the vix image as it seems really good and good support on ere.
thankz
ice

Larry-G
28-05-14, 01:12
You can find a full range of tutorials @ www.openvix.co.uk, ABM and CrossEPG are both covered there.

judge
28-05-14, 01:15
Have a look in the tutorial sections on http://openvix.co.uk or use the search function, most if not all questions answered.
Also, be aware that current ViX images haven't been released for TM boxes yet due to late testing of TM provided drivers.

icemen
28-05-14, 09:23
Thankz judge, shall I hold out for a while until the new vix images are tested before I buy?

josh_g
28-05-14, 09:54
Thankz judge, shall I hold out for a while until the new vix images are tested before I buy?

I have one of these boxes as we speak and although i am running it on Helios atm with a few driver problems these boxes run amazingly on Zeus 23. Dont let the non release of Apollo and the bad drivers in Zeus hold you back. have a look in my signature at the guides i posted these should have you up and running in no time :thumbsup:

icemen
28-05-14, 10:11
I'm getting confused now is Zeus 23 still a vix image? also what do you mean by apollo, what is this for?
With a few driver errors, what sort of issues or problems are these driver errors causing?

josh_g
28-05-14, 10:23
I'm getting confused now is Zeus 23 still a vix image? also what do you mean by apollo, what is this for?
With a few driver errors, what sort of issues or problems are these driver errors causing?

Sorry mate, it does get a bit confusing!! there have been three different revisions of VIX lately Zeus, Helios & Apollo

Zeus is was last stable VIX image for TM boxes and the last build number was 23
Helios has had driver problems for TM boxes due to bad driver from TM and its advised to stay using Zues as some of the issues can be a right PITA for a new user. last Helios build was 17
Apollo is the latest release from VIX and inst available for TM boxes as of yet while the team test a new set of drivers from TM that should sort out the issues experienced in Helios (fingers crossed!!)

hope that helps

icemen
28-05-14, 10:54
yes, thanks josh. Have you heard of the german image ATV or used it? IS that any good or worth considering? any driver issues with that one?
on the other hand is there a better enigma 2 box I should consider?

josh_g
28-05-14, 11:25
I personally only use VIX and haven't dabbled with other images. its widely believed (at least here that is) that VIX is the best image for UK users and has the best EPG and comprehensive in built features.

TM hardware is really good for the price but often has driver issues that hold up new images and cause stability issues. if your looking at something in the similar price bracket look at the Octagon XP1000 with or with out LCD or Miraclebox Premium Mini HD.

I personally have invested in two TM boxes including the Nano and will continue on with TM and will be shortly purchasing my second nano to keep continuity

icemen
28-05-14, 11:55
so tm are good boxes then, i'll stick with tm aswell then ;-)

josh_g
28-05-14, 12:06
Have a good read of the guide in y signature and you will be well on our way! and until Apollo is released on TM boxes stay on the Zues build number 23. you can find it here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=TM-Nano-OE/archives/Zeus%20Released%20archives/

icemen
28-05-14, 13:16
i'm gonna buy tm box from WOS, they will put the most stable vix image on won't they? e.g. Zues 23? where you getting ur tm boxes from josh? and is there some sort youtube player on this image?

josh_g
28-05-14, 13:24
They will put the latest release on the box so depending on when you order will probably be Helios unless you specify directly to them you would like Zeus.

All my boxes come from WoS and dont forget you £5 discount for being a member!!

i believe you can get youtube to work through a 33rd party plugin but im not sure what it is?

abu baniaz
28-05-14, 13:26
I'd wait for the Nano2 Super if you want to stick with TM products.

icemen
28-05-14, 13:32
when we likely to see the new nano2 super boxes, what price range? What will be the benifits of these boxes Abu?

josh_g
28-05-14, 13:45
when we likely to see the new nano2 super boxes, what price range? What will be the benifits of these boxes Abu?

they will be coming in the next few months, look identical to the Nano bu have two tuners instead of one and i believe they are the £220 mark but for that price i would expect a bit more from a reviver

have a look at this http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37670-New-TM-Nano2-Super

abu baniaz
28-05-14, 13:48
It is the newer 7356 CPU. Twin tuners. 7335 CPUs have been in use for several years. I'm sure the sponsor will sell them soon.

If you decide against it and go for the Nano 1, make sure you buy the HDD caddy at the same time.

icemen
28-05-14, 13:51
choices, choices. Looks identical. think it just faster but how fast, £100 extra?? don't know about that, have to wait for more reviews

marty
28-05-14, 16:08
choices, choices. Looks identical. think it just faster but how fast, £100 extra?? don't know about that, have to wait for more reviews

Faster than DUO² :p

icemen
28-05-14, 16:37
i might wait a couple of months then for this nano 2 superbox, you never know the apollo image might be released by then!

josh_g
28-05-14, 16:43
Faster than DUO² :p

if only it had a nice LCD screen :rolleyes:

Larry-G
28-05-14, 16:46
i might wait a couple of months then for this nano 2 superbox, you never know the apollo image might be released by then!

could be a lot sooner than that, seeing how testing is progressing with this receiver at the moment.

nano18
28-05-14, 23:18
If you decide against it and go for the Nano 1, make sure you buy the HDD caddy at the same time.
If you order one from WOS before the end of the month the caddy is included for free - but I think it's about £10 or £15 if purchased separately.

I haven't flashed mine yet (have downloaded Zeus 23 and read the guides!) but the box seems good. The pictures show a single USB port on the back, but my receiver which arrived recently has two. There seems to be a fan built in too. The box is smaller than it seems in the photos but feels well made compared to some other FTA receivers. It's just a shame about the TM drivers.

Looking forward to trying Apollo anyway. :)

icemen
29-05-14, 09:12
i'll wait for the tm nano 2 super, i dont mind that it hasn't got a lcd display long as there is a little display with the channel your on, thats fine. good box good picture good image is my main priority

abu baniaz
29-05-14, 10:08
Nano and Nano 2 Super only have green and red LEDs. No name, no number, no time.

In daily use, don't think it makes difference.

If it matters to you, there are other receivers that them.

icemen
29-05-14, 10:40
it's the fastest enigma 2 box out there, which got to be good? when do you think the apollo image will be completed?

abu baniaz
29-05-14, 10:47
We dont give ETAs on release I am afraid.

All I can say is that one comment by a tester was that it's been "perfect".

rossi2000
29-05-14, 11:04
you can buy the super2 from TM now for 229£

icemen
29-05-14, 11:09
i know but i'll wait for wos to get it, the mirical box looks good aswell. any1 tested that box yet? 750mhz processor faster then the nano 1?
Apollo image perfect, so could be out very soon, watch this space.....;-)

marty
29-05-14, 11:14
750mhz processor faster then the nano 1?

No, 100% no :( Problem is they are single core ;)
The GB 800+ boxes are VERY disapointing, the SF8/XP1000 are smoother/faster (all same single core CPU)
Unless proved otherwise they ALL are incapable of of 1080p MKV playback. The 405MHz duel core machine have no problems in this area.
For just watching TV they are OK, for anything else they are not so good.

icemen
29-05-14, 11:36
thanks for this marty, back to the tm nano 2 super then, any other boxes i should consider?