PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-C] Cable ABM

nsw9154
27-05-14, 22:22
I received my new Miraclebox today from the Sponsors pre-loaded with Helios 17, I swiftly installed the sat channels and then struggled to get the cable side loaded
then I noticed that APOLO had been released :thumbsup: so I installed it, and knowing that it had the Cable ABM thought that it would be a Dodle :(
I keep getting error messages when I try to do the ABM scan, the tuner has scanned about 470 channels but i still can not watch 90% of the Free View channels :confused:
could it be that all the Arias have not been loaded in yet as I am from Teeside I think we are aria 00010 but the nearest aria to me is Wear-side or Gateshead
so could that be the problem

regards norm

Larry-G
27-05-14, 22:51
To be honest I know pretty much nothing about cable seeing as i have never used it, but this thread may be able to help you, then again it may not. It's worth a look either way.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?38120-Logs-for-Pure-area-required&highlight=pure

abu baniaz
27-05-14, 23:03
There are not many channels that are Free to Air on cable.

Please run that script in the thread that Pheonix has linked to. Only been a small number of respondents.

nsw9154
28-05-14, 00:37
how do i use telnet i was never much good at PC code after the ZX spectrum :eek:

Larry-G
28-05-14, 00:56
first enable telnet as per this tutorial.

How to enable the default Telnet client in Windows 7 - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12558-Tutorial-How-to-enable-the-default-Telnet-client-in-Windows-7)

nsw9154
28-05-14, 01:51
I got in to telnet and got this message
Welcome to Microsoft Telnet Client
Escape Character is 'CTRL+]
Microsoft Telnet> so I entered the IP and got

Welcome to Openvix for mbtwin
openvix Apollo mbtwin
mbtwin login:

so now all I have to do is print out what I need to do, I think I will leave it till tomorrow so i have a fresh Brain as it's frazzled at the moment lol
:thumbsup: cheers pheonix now i know how to tel net i need to read more :D

abu baniaz
28-05-14, 02:03
It is basically ftp the file, chmod 755. Copy and paste the command.

You know it will bug you and wont be able to sleep properly.

nsw9154
28-05-14, 02:29
all i got was the message

BusyBox v1.22.1 <2014-05-26 03:26:41 bst> multi-call binary

Usage: chmod [-R] MODE[,MODE]... FILE...

Each MODE is one or more of the letters ugoa, one of the symbols +-= and one or more of the letters rwxst -R Recurse

i entered it about 5 times and got the same text :confused: now my brain is Frazzled :p
did i just have to past chmod 755 in to telnet or did i have to do something else

abu baniaz
28-05-14, 02:32
Easier to chmod using ftp program.

nsw9154
28-05-14, 02:43
Ok abu i will use FileZila how do i enter the command do i put it in the temp folder

Larry-G
28-05-14, 04:31
use file zilla to transfer the script to the receiver, then use telnet to input the commands.

nsw9154
28-05-14, 13:49

I managed to to enter the comand and now i know what to do but it keeps saying dvdsnoop not found
I have loaded it in to the tmp file and ran it is that where i am going wrong here is a few screen shots of what i got

the Filzila snap shot is not very clear i dont know why i will try taking it again

abu baniaz
28-05-14, 13:52
Enter this telnet command.

opkg install dvbsnoop

You must be on an active cable channel when running that pyton script.

nsw9154
28-05-14, 14:01
it is abu it's on BBC1 NE & Cumbria

that might be where i am going wrong i will try it now abu

i keep getting - unknown package dvdsnoop

cannot install package dvdsnoop

Joe_90
28-05-14, 14:56
dvbsnoop - not dvdsnoop ;)

nsw9154
28-05-14, 15:19
I feel such a Fool :eek: you are right no wonder it could not find it Thanks mate i am glad you pointed that out to me

i will try again :D

abu baniaz
28-05-14, 15:28
Case made for copy and paste.

nsw9154
28-05-14, 16:08
Finally got their abu but it did not create the logs in the temp file or do they load somewhere else any way i did a screen shot if that will be ok

:smash: damn that screenshot did not turn out very clear i do not know why i will try a better one 34965

Peterj
28-05-14, 17:04
the nit.hex, nit.bin, log and xml should be in /tmp.
Did you refresh your filezilla screen?

nsw9154
28-05-14, 17:48
well after a lot of Help from abu baniaz - pheonix and fat-tony for pointing out my spelling mistake :D i finaly got the 3 logs in my tmp folder

but how the hell do i post them to this message i keep getting invalid file and i am in advanced :confused:

Larry-G
28-05-14, 17:54
well after a lot of Help from abu baniaz - pheonix and fat-tony for pointing out my spelling mistake :D i finaly got the 3 logs in my tmp folder

but how the hell do i post them to this message i keep getting invalid file and i am in advanced :confused:

Drop them into a folder and use a file compressor like winrar to compress them. Upload that here.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

nsw9154
28-05-14, 18:02

well finally i was actually thinking of raring them but did not know weather to or not thanks pheonix :thumbsup:

Larry-G
28-05-14, 18:06

well finally i was actually thinking of raring them but did not know weather to or not thanks pheonix :thumbsup:

No worries mate, and there is no harm in asking if you'r unsure.

abu baniaz
28-05-14, 18:13
Well done and thank you.

nsw9154
28-05-14, 18:23
no problem abu I am only to glad to to be able to help in my small way for the fantastic work that you all do with Openvix

and any way i learned how to tell net :D

DaMacFunkin
28-05-14, 18:30
Tell who? Lol...
I'm thinking of trying a cable tuner if I ever get my duo2 back from Vu, how are you finding it?

abu baniaz
28-05-14, 18:48
Can't find your receiver. It's with Vu.:D

nsw9154
28-05-14, 19:33
Tell who? Lol...
I'm thinking of trying a cable tuner if I ever get my duo2 back from Vu, how are you finding it?

a little disappointing really most of the free view channels don't work yet but as I have only had it for 1 day it could be Operator error lol

DaMacFunkin
28-05-14, 19:46
Can't find your receiver. It's with Vu.:D

Sorry m8, honestly i would laugh if i didn't feel like crying everytime i think about how long it is taking and the wall of silence everytime i try to get an eta for return, between Vu and the reseller i've been left numb, i certainly wouldn't run our company like that.

abu baniaz
28-05-14, 20:15
Don't forget free to air and free to view are different things

andyblac
29-05-14, 11:00
moved to correct section.

DaMacFunkin
29-05-14, 19:07
I've got a cable/t2 tuner on order from sponsor now that Vu have shipped me a replacement box (2 weeks to work out they couldn't fix it....) so some time over the weekend I will be getting my hands into this, slightly of topic question will the tuner loop all frequencys thru to my VM box or will they be limited. Ta.

abu baniaz
29-05-14, 20:23
You can split a "cable" cable without restrictions although you get a bit of signal loss.

DaMacFunkin
29-05-14, 21:17
Yeah I know, thats what I was looking to avoid, in no way do I want affect the power levels of my modem...

Rob van der Does
29-05-14, 21:20
What does a modem have to do with a cable-signal :confused:

abu baniaz
29-05-14, 21:22
Cable TV and Cable broadband come down the same cable.

You should be fine with split. They sometimes add attenuators to reduce signal.

Rob van der Does
29-05-14, 21:24
Nothing will 'stress' the modem if you loopthrough/split signal.

nsw9154
29-05-14, 22:05
when I got my Cable installed in 2000 by NTL I got them to fit extra feeds to my back room
so I have direct cables to my modem and receiver from the distribution box
I have the main feed box in the front room with a loop to another box then 1 cable connects to the TV
then a rather long cable fed through the wall to my back room
that feeds to another box and that feeds to my main box that feeds my TV & modem :confused:
it sounds complicated but it is simple really, so all my feeds are dedicated Direct feeds from the original cable box and no cable splitters that you can see mmmm
that's what I thought till I took one of the covers off the wall to decorate and to my surprise :eek:
the special connection Boxes are just basic 3 way cable splitters in a fancy cover and the boxes are only their to make the connections to the cables look tidy
But at least with me wanting so many connections they ran a new beefed up main cable to my house :rolleyes:
so at the moment I am on 60meg broadband soon to be upped to 100meg Tivo box in my back room and a V+HD box in our lasses front room :thumbsup:

DaMacFunkin
30-05-14, 07:55
Nothing will 'stress' the modem if you loopthrough/split signal.

Not true, your power levels are balanced at the green box as to how many prepherials you have running on the stream, this is particularly true if TiVo is involved, if you read cable forums many peoples upstream problems are caused by the signal being split to many times causing low power levels.

Peterj
30-05-14, 08:08
The best way to connect your docsis cable 3 modem is on a separate feed.
Where the cable comes into the house, the first thing is using a splitter to make a feed to your modem and the rest of the house. These splitters should be special made for these purpose (output has different filters). (Our your providers should have delivered a special connectionbox, 1 in, 1 out modem, 1 out tv and 1 out radio).
So modem is connected direct after first splitter. Nothing else should be connected to that feed.

The rest in the house can be done 2 way (or a combi of it).
Use 1 feed for the rest of the house. Therefore you must use loop through connection boxen. The disadvantage of this is the damping of 15dB in each box .
The best way is to use a distribution amplifier. It amplifies the signal before splitting it into multiple feeds.
Remember to use at the end of the feed an end-connection box. Never leave a feed 'open'. Also when you are not using outlets of a splitter or distribution amplifier, terminate the outlet with a special 75ohm cap.

nsw9154
30-05-14, 11:25
this is a genuine virmin splitter with virmin leads that I am using for the time being to connect my miraclebox & Tivo boxes from the original feed
strangely enough I never noticed before now that it labelled set top box/cable modem i have the Tivo connected via the cable modem outlet and the picture is perfect
and the miraclebox connected via the set top box outlet and the picture quality is :confused: well cack I thought it would be the other way around
I will have to get a dedicated set top box splitter and check the difference, I will swap the connections round later and see if they change

DaMacFunkin
31-05-14, 06:47
Trust me mate, your power levels are set at the cabinet for your tivo to work correctly with your modem, you may have to disconnect your tivo and play with some attenuators to get a good pic on your Miraclebox.

DaMacFunkin
31-05-14, 15:26
Hello, i have got my cable tuner and NEW duo2, ive set it up and installed, i have my sat tuner set to scan sky england Granada HD, and i have my cable tuner set to 40965 Knowsley 1, in abm i have sky england as def provider and Virmin set to generate main bouquet only in custom bouqet Virmin(tv), i do a scan i get the usual 583 services on sky, then i get 900 and odd on cable scan, but it doesnt put the cable channels in any bouquet, if i choose satellitte button and browse to cable provider, all the channels are in there from my region in alphabetical order and i can view the fta ones, bbc north west etc, why is it not creating a bouquet and putting them in there, help please.
Thanks.

DaMacFunkin
31-05-14, 17:58
edit: i've channged my config to 40967 Preston 1 the area i live in i'm sure is this id now, i used to be in knowlsey area even though i only moved 2 miles. But still no bouqet creation in Apollo, does this actually work yet?

abu baniaz
31-05-14, 18:22
ABM does work for cable although I have only tested it on a receiver with only a cable tuner.

Double check net Id is correct by comparing with official receiver.

You may wish to enable service type icons in your channel settings as well as adding the provider prefix in ABM.

DaMacFunkin
31-05-14, 18:26
Hi abu, like i said if i go into all bouqets and and press green button (satellites) then browse to Cable (providers) all the channels are there but not in any order and they tune as well, i'm guessing because i've got satellite bouqets as well its causing problems...

nsw9154
31-05-14, 20:13
Trust me mate, your power levels are set at the cabinet for your tivo to work correctly with your modem, you may have to disconnect your tivo and play with some attenuators to get a good pic on your Miraclebox.

I see what you mean mate I changed the cables over and got no signal on the miraclebox but the Tivo worked perfect, I am seriously thinking of giving up on this cable lark :(

DaMacFunkin
01-06-14, 12:16

ABM does work for cable although I have only tested it on a receiver with only a cable tuner.

Double check net Id is correct by comparing with official receiver.

You may wish to enable service type icons in your channel settings as well as adding the provider prefix in ABM.Hi, double checked on official box and preston 1 is correct, i enabled service type icons and enabled provider prefix but any scan just leaves empty cable bouquets whilst all satellite bouquets populate fine, as i stated if i browse satellites and choose cable provider all the channels are there, but they don't populate into bouquets... so ive done a fresh flash with no restore and only enabled my cable tuner, after setting my area i scanned abm and it pulled in 352 tv services and 38 radio services and this time it did create bouquets, so the problem seems to be scanning and creating bouquets for sat and cable... Ive attached my NIT scan for 40967 preston1, ive also attached my bouquets scan.