PDA

View Full Version : Sky Germany TV Guide

aldo2332
27-05-14, 21:00
Just got my tuner B on vu duo with another dish @ 19.2.e Problem ive got is all EPG guides are in German with SKY duetschland (Obviously :smash:). I assume there is no way of converting the epg to english but does anyone know where i can get a translation? e.g a website/ phone app maybe? Ive been searching on the net for an hour now

Rob van der Does
27-05-14, 21:03
Install the plugin (EPG-)Translator (and it does more then translating).

aldo2332
27-05-14, 21:26
thank you im surprised there is actually plug in for this. VIX team dont miss a thing do they:). Ill give it go which catagory is it in on the plug in donwload menu?

Rob van der Does
27-05-14, 21:52
IIRC in Extensions.

aldo2332
27-05-14, 22:20
OK managed to download. Its in the plugin folder i checked via ftp but doesnt show via blue button on extensions should it do? Ive noticed a few movies showing in english on now and next but maybe a coincidence. How good is it with translating and does this work for synopsis? (sorry if this thread now needs moving mods)

judge
27-05-14, 22:25
Have you restarted E2?
It works on blue button press -> EPG Translator.
You tune to a channel & after blue button press -> EPG Translator it translates the current show info. You can scroll through later shows on the same channel using the < > buttons at either side of the OK button.
It doesn't save the translations anywhere as far as I'm aware.

aldo2332
27-05-14, 22:41
Yep rebooted, I looked under T Translator found it now and have to say im impressed. I was on the verge of ordering ros/e/tta stone course in German:) . Thanks for your help everyone. :thumbsup:

judge
27-05-14, 23:42
Rosetta Stone course would probably work a lot better in the long run, but for now it's a handy plugin that works well....

Rob van der Does
28-05-14, 05:24
And what the Translator also does is getting you trailers.
Go to the EPG, press the stop-button and get a list of trailers. This can also be done via the plugin browser.

Trial
28-05-14, 08:29
Hi,

I was on the verge of ordering ros/e/tta stone course in German:) .
is is nevertheless a good idea to "Deutsch lernen":-)

ciao