PDA

View Full Version : Duo2 Media playback problem with crashing and error log.

frozenfire
25-05-14, 12:45
System OE: OE-Alliance 2.1
Distro: openvix
Firmware version: Helios.017
Driver date: 20140424
Kernel version: 3.3.8
Gui version: 2014-05-08

Hi all,
Ok, Basically had this duo2 a week, cost me 369 from official distro, Had a little play and was happy with it.
I got transcoding/streaming to work on galaxy tab and pc and galaxy s2 (within network) but cant get it to work outside network. Tried vu+player on galaxy s2, also the androiddreamer and vlc player etc etc. But this is a problem for another time.
Tried different skins through vix plugins. Put the old sky 320gb hdd in and all recording and playing fine.
Even setup a mount on PC and got playback working (streaming from pc) all playback fine and dandy. But, I did not like the available skins so........
Had a little play yesterday with different images to no avail,
I was constantly having trouble with all images and multiple USB sticks. It constantly stuck on 'UBIFS update'
Eventually, I thought I'd bricked the box as I had a 'blackhole' bootlogo and then stuck on the openvix boot wait logo :eek:

Anyway, After flashing a bootloader and getting vix back up and running and apologising to the duo for treating it badly and being a traitor and ftrying to flash to BH...
I done a factory reset to clear it out. Had another tinker. got boot logos with dream editor (they only appeared after the factory reset lol)
Then more troubles,
I spent all day yesterday until 3am playing with configurations. I changed skin to blueHD from the army blue as the missus likes the old sly look, rats picons/channel list have replaced the e2 automaker, I have ftp'd like no ones business, deleted stubborn directories ('picons' directory full of symlinks) using putty, got lcdconfig just how I want it, I settle down and.........

Playback of media is BRUK :smash:
At first I was getting disk full error when recording, so I re-initialised it and remounted it and got recording back but now a different error.....
I cannot bring up the record function as it BSOD with error log on screen (and log provided below)
I cannot play media from Media scanner from my pc mount as I could before, same crash.
I cannot use TSmedia as it gives me, yep, same crash. :confused:

I have recordings visible,just a couple for testing as the box records fine, I can see them on ftp. Something's wrong here, unstable. I'm guessing and hoping its the blue hd skin?
My last effort was to remove all traces of glass hd as I think I may of tried it at some point but I'm not that good with unix commands so not sure how to do it.
Removed the empty Metrix HD directory in putty, deleted plugins that were useless to me, mostly foreign, un-installed tsmedia also as this crashes the box and IPTV doesn't connect anyway.

So please, any help at all? I can figure most things out but now I am stuck and wasting time trying things.
I want to get recording working again,
I want a nice looking skin that doesn't have overlay issues and buttons that don't align or have cut off text! The skins I like so far are the blue hd and the openpli as I like the fresh transparancy of it. I dont want a skin that looks like it was made by a 14 year old in his lunch break. (And no, I couldn't do any getter lol)
And, I would like a 'tube' player that is stable and can actually access a server. I had a 'utube' player in my £40 crypto box so Im darn sure there's one available for duo2/openvix
And most of all, I would like it all to be stable with a decent boot up time.

I really appreciate what you guys do, and can imagine how much time you have spent acquiring the knowledge you have today but, please, I don't want to be a labrat any more, I want a working system :)
And If I really had to re-flash the box, what would you suggest?

( sorry for long post but I wanted to give you an idea of where i'm at ;) )

marty
25-05-14, 12:47
TSmedia isn't recomended :whistle:

frozenfire
25-05-14, 12:51
Yeah I threw that away, who made it? It has like 'wood' surrounds around the buttons! lol

marty
25-05-14, 13:15
Yeah I threw that away, who made it? It has like 'wood' surrounds around the buttons! lol

You will need to reflash afterwards ;)

frozenfire
25-05-14, 13:16
Really? I don;t have a good track record as far as flashing goes! I will try anyway. :thumbsup:

marty
25-05-14, 13:17
Really? I don;t have a good track record as far as flashing goes! I will try anyway. :thumbsup:

Thing is it modify's stuff and just removing it does put it back to how it was :(

frozenfire
25-05-14, 13:56
Ok. Flash failed, stuck on UBIFS update !!

Took pen out and rebooted back to how it was.
Its not the blueHD plugin either as I tried another with same problem. And spoke to others on another forum who use the blueHD skin with no problem.
Also, I think it may be something else causing it as I'm sure it was happening before I installed TSMedia.
Could it be the other skins? Or maybe icefilms or mediaportal or mediabrowser?

They are all removed but like you say- I need to re-flash.

So Im stuck with the UBIFS problem, I googled this for hours yesterday to no avail.
Shame I cant read the crash log like a pro!!! :confused:

marty
25-05-14, 13:59
Are you following the flash guide?

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29680-How-to-flash-a-Vu-Duo2-by-USB

Larry-G
25-05-14, 14:03
If you have a HDD installed in the receiverand you'r using a relativly new ViX Image (Zeus and upwards), you can try flashing it directly from within the Image manager in the image it self without using a USB stick

judge
25-05-14, 14:04
There's nothing wrong with using TSMedia with the image. Also nothing in BlueHD would case this.
It looks just like you made the box unstable by installing & removing many different things.

The best way to fix it properly is going to be a reflash.
What image are you now trying to flash? have you another USB stick you can use? If not, search the forums for HP Format Tool & format the usb stick with that first before putting the image on it.

frozenfire
25-05-14, 14:25
Thanks guys. I formatted two different usb sticks and copied over correct files using teracopy. unzipped correct file structure.
I am just trying to flash vix again for fresh install if possible. Factory reset keeps most settings so that was useless.

1 stick is lexar, the other is sandisk. I even tried flashing with hdd disconnected yesterday... no difference.

I will try to flash within image manager.

frozenfire
25-05-14, 14:47
Think you may be right judge. I think I broke it. Any testing jobs going? :p

Thanks Phoenix, I have downloaded within image manager, should of been obvious really.
I will test recording when I'm back up and running.

Rob van der Does
25-05-14, 14:55
There's nothing wrong with using TSMedia with the image.
Exactly
It's TS-Panel that is a culprit, not TS-Media.

frozenfire
25-05-14, 16:08
All done and working guys. Thanks all that helped.

Now I need to solve some smaller issues-
When deleting recordings- Get an error- cannot move to trash can.
In blue-hd latest build- in the recording list- the movie text is cut off!

Back to work I go =)