PDA

View Full Version : motorised bouquet/epg?

goosegog
24-05-14, 19:59
hi,probably way ahead of myself but im installing a motorised this week with 2 feeds and 2 from sky dish,so if all goes well whats the best set up for my bouquets and epg,i use ABM to download at 5am then cross at 5:30 at the minute with the sky dish.im sure i have to load a motorised settings eg:cateseyes so whats the best way to combine the ABM/cross for uk and the other sats to populate an epg

kendo75
24-05-14, 21:47
I'd be interested in the answer to this one as I've got a motorised dish going up in the next week or two

Stanman
24-05-14, 22:10
Using those settings you will have problems as the channels will go NA after a ABM scan due to incompatibility between the satellite.xml file.

I personally just do a manual scan of the sats I want I want.

I did ask the guy who does the Channing to use the one with correct position of the sats but it never happened.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

goosegog
14-06-14, 11:41
Spot on stanman.it seems to work great for a couple of days then you do get N/A in the epg which when trying channel you get tune fail.👎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stanman
14-06-14, 15:07
Perhaps if enough of us ask.him to use a different xml he may listen?

goosegog
14-06-14, 20:38
Yeah that would be great if they both worked together[emoji481]

DaMacFunkin
15-06-14, 11:42
I asked mr cats could he produce a motorised bouquet without any 28.2 lists because when I use abm with his lists my ITV HD lists as ITV Granada HD and my BBC 1 becomes BBC 1North West, I know which region I live in I don't want my channels listing like that, also as you say after a couple of days my motorised and custom bouquets become unavailable and I have to re-upload from dbe, I never thought it might be the sat XML that was the problem, how do we go about getting this changed?

Stanman
15-06-14, 11:46
It's not just 28.2E it's the actual sat.xml file.

Huevos can explain better but sat positions are different on the pre built ons hence why after a ABM run you get N/A.

Larry-G
15-06-14, 12:44
As has already been said it's the satellites.xml catseye uses which is at fault, we have mentioned this numerous times in his official discussion thread but nothing ever gets done about it. The best way to progress would be to download a clean one from http://satellites-xml.org/ to replace the faulty one that comes as standard with the catseyes settings until such a time as he acknowledges the fault is at his end and does something about it.

stuart35
15-06-14, 15:31
I use Vhannibal settings and get the same thing happen every few days after running ABM. N/A on all motorised bouquets.

goosegog
15-06-14, 17:37
Thanks stuart,youve saved me trying vhannibals settings with ABM.i was gonna try those for a while to see how they worked together.gonna try some other settings.i was a bit put off with ABM when i first tried it,i prefered playing about with mr misters settings with Dbe,after using ABM for a bit you relise it works spot on,probably too big of a job or impossible but it would be great if it covered other sats[emoji106]

judge
15-06-14, 17:48
but it would be great if it covered other sats[emoji106]

It does, depending on your tuner set-up.

35360 35361

goosegog
15-06-14, 19:49
cheers judge but i cannot open your attachment?

judge
15-06-14, 20:10
cheers judge but i cannot open your attachment?

Something funky happening with the forum attachments today, re-added above.

goosegog
15-06-14, 20:12
Ok thank you,will try that[emoji106]

abu baniaz
16-06-14, 15:56
I use Vhannibal's list. I remove the satellite.xml from file before transferring.

stuart35
16-06-14, 17:29
Cheers Abu. Will give that a go.

DaMacFunkin
16-06-14, 19:12
I sort of use Catseyes, i havnt had any issues for a few days, and ive just flashed to Apollo 007 and restored settings and my motorised bouquets are still there, What i have been trying recently is download cats eyes, delete all his 28.2 bouquets in dbe, delete his sat.xml, edit lamedb and delete all references to 28.2 transponders and and channels, and export all bouquets in excel format. Now open my auto bouquets files and custom bouquets from the reciever, then import the excel readable file, when all the bouquets are imported, under options update sat.xml with new transponders and save.
Now when Mr Eyes updates his files i download them, delete the 28.2 stuff as before and save - then compare the new set against my existing set, and it only adds new updates or new channels, update sat.xml again and reload.
Works for me, sort of long winded at first but now its working its a breeze to keep updated.
p.s. i always init 4, even if uploading from dbe then init 3.