PDA

View Full Version : CCcam & FTA

tkaub
24-05-14, 17:49
Hi,

I have Vu+ Duo, with openvix-Helios.017, and CCcam 2.3.

Please may you advise how can I receive FTA (free to air) channels, by bypassing the CCcam.

In simple english:
I receive all the HD cahnnels through CCcam.cfg, (Sky etc...)
but when I choose the FTA channels, it would say " Tuner Failed".
Now, when I connect another satellite Receiver, a basic one (not the Vu+ Duo) directly to my Satellite, I can see the FTA channels.
Thus, I don't have signal problems. Just all my channels on the Vu+Duo are diverted or pass through my CCcam.cfg.

How can I configure my Vu+ Duo to accept both FTA channels and the Sky channels.

Thanks
Cheers.
T.K.

marty
24-05-14, 17:52
Might need to update your channels, are you using ABM?

tkaub
24-05-14, 18:32
Sorry may you explain what is ABM? If it is a plugin, I couldn't find it in the download Plugins list. Or is it a setting that I need to activate?

Thanks for the clarification.
Cheers
T.K.

roy0110
24-05-14, 18:43
on the vix image, ABM is autobouquetmaker, it create all the bouquets (movies, sport, entertainment, FTA, HD etc) for you.
you can also set it to update periodically so that any channels that change frequency are updated.
you will find it in menu>setup>service searching.
there is also Lraizers autobouquetmaker that works on other images besides vix, that is available through the vix feeds or you might find the IPK file here on the forum.

jacquesy90
24-05-14, 18:46
ABM Auto Bouquets Maker, brilliant plugin that sorts all your channels in the order of provider. Its built in to vix image you can find it under menu-setup-service searching.

Configure it for which provider you need and run a quick scan. Your problem should be sorted.

You can also configure it to perform daily, weekly scans so you dont miss any changes.

Hope this helps

tkaub
24-05-14, 18:57
Thank you all for your reply, I have enabled ABM, but in the configure I have only FTA UK, Ireland, etc...
I don't have any other satellites, I mean 13, 19, etc....

bellejt
24-05-14, 18:58
just do a supplementary scan on those satelites.Or find a settingslist on this website.

judge
24-05-14, 19:03
Thank you all for your reply, I have enabled ABM, but in the configure I have only FTA UK, Ireland, etc...
I don't have any other satellites, I mean 13, 19, etc....

Have you set up your tuners correctly?
Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> Tuner configuration

twol
24-05-14, 20:37
Hi,

Please may you advise how can I receive FTA (free to air) channels, by bypassing the CCcam.

In simple english:
I receive all the HD cahnnels through CCcam.cfg, (Sky etc...)
but when I choose the FTA channels, it would say " Tuner Failed".
If you are able to view the HD channels then your cam is not blocking anything...... Where did you obtain or set up your Bouquets prior to ABM?

tkaub
24-05-14, 21:40
Hi,

After I flashed my vu+Duo, and instead of scanning my tuners, and in order to set up my channels, I downloaded the plugin >> install plugins
>> settings >>> catseye 45 E to 75 W. So it contains all the channels split by providers, satellites, etc..
So technically it should be a full list.

Does FTA channels give "Tuner failed" because of CCCam.cfg
or normally only encrypted channels would read/need the CCCam.cfg?
And is there any special line of code that I should type in the CCcam.cfg or setting that I should enable to be able to view FTA channels?

Thanks
T.K.

twol
25-05-14, 12:33
Hi,

After I flashed my vu+Duo, and instead of scanning my tuners, and in order to set up my channels, I downloaded the plugin >> install plugins
>> settings >>> catseye 45 E to 75 W. So it contains all the channels split by providers, satellites, etc..
So technically it should be a full list.

Does FTA channels give "Tuner failed" because of CCCam.cfg
or normally only encrypted channels would read/need the CCCam.cfg?
And is there any special line of code that I should type in the CCcam.cfg or setting that I should enable to be able to view FTA channels?

Thanks
T.K.
1) I would always do a full scan on the satellites I am accessing e.g. in my case 28.2 and 19.2, then install bouquets ONLY for the satellites I am using... keep it simple.
2) the use of cam or NO cam will have nothing to do with you being able to access FTA channels. They ARE FTA so are free to air and if you have scanned then correctly and have a bouquet that lists them correctly, then you will be to access them.
CCcam for FTA is totally irrelevant.

So I would reflash.
Full scan.
Go to ABM (menu, setup, service searching, AutoBouquetsMaker, Providers.... set up what you want) Run scan.
Check you can access FTA.
Then think about CCcam or whatever.

Keep it SIMPLE! :)

When simple works, take a backup image then start playing

Larry-G
25-05-14, 12:36
So I would reflash.
Full scan.
Go to ABM (menu, setup, service searching, AutoBouquetsMaker, Providers.... set up what you want) Run scan.
Check you can access FTA.
Then think about CCcam or whatever.

Keep it SIMPLE! :)

Running a full service scan for 28.2 east before ABM is totally pointless and a waste of half a hour, ABM will grab ALL channels in the two minutes it takes to run it's own scan, a service scan wont do any better than that.

Rob van der Does
25-05-14, 14:58
A scan is never a waste of time. It will grab all channels you can actually receive while ABM adds all channels without checking that. Also the bouquest ABM makes won't be to everybody's liking.
And especially a regular scan with the setting 'clear all services' is useful, as the resulting list of services will be completely up to date.

twol
25-05-14, 15:14
Running a full service scan for 28.2 east before ABM is totally pointless and a waste of half a hour, ABM will grab ALL channels in the two minutes it takes to run it's own scan, a service scan wont do any better than that.

Phoenix, I am just trying to keep it simple for this guy. I suggested a full scan because it ensures you have a base set up before moving on - so basically agree with Rob :) .... the reason for spelling out the ABM set up is that for you ABM is a no-brainer, for other's less experienced that's not true. ABM is great for starters and UK based people :)

At the moment I think he's trying to climb Everest before Snowdon, with talk of CCcam etc.

tkaub
25-05-14, 19:59
Thank you guys,

You are right, Flashing then full scan fixed the problem.

Twol you are right CCcam has nothing to do with FTA, thank you for the clarifications.
and everything is working fine now.
wish you a nice evening.
Cheers.
T.K.