PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get VUCC to connect to my Solo2

jak_jones
23-05-14, 21:39
Hi
Thanks for looking at my problem as I know this has probably been posted on several threads but I have searched and not found anything that has helped me yet. As the above title says I can't get my ftp client to connect to the box. I purchased the box from WOS a week ago and i'm very happy with it, Vix version helios017 was flashed on it for me and I have checked that this is the latest version.
1. I checked the IP address etc in adaptor settings and did the network test and got all green ticks.
2. Checked the ftp setup and got an green running tab.
3. I turned my firewall off to be sure it wasn't affecting the connection and I first tried rebooting everything back up one after the other(router-solo2-pc) then tried connecting again but no luck. I did this twice just to be sure.
4. I then put the error message in a search and it explained to me to change a string in mozilla and try getting into via my browser. Tried that but got a different error msg saying the server is taking too long to respond.
5.Then I came across another thread that said basically reflash the box, I'm wasn't sure this would make a difference but I have reflashed it with the helios017 again and true enough I still get the same error message.

I really am at a loss now as everything recommended on threads has been attempted and still doesn't work :mad:

Help me Obi-wan Kenobi's-your my only hope!

Cheers

Jak

cwebb66
23-05-14, 22:00
Hi
Thanks for looking at my problem as I know this has probably been posted on several threads but I have searched and not found anything that has helped me yet. As the above title says I can't get my ftp client to connect to the box. I purchased the box from WOS a week ago and i'm very happy with it, Vix version helios017 was flashed on it for me and I have checked that this is the latest version.
1. I checked the IP address etc in adaptor settings and did the network test and got all green ticks.
2. Checked the ftp setup and got an green running tab.
3. I turned my firewall off to be sure it wasn't affecting the connection and I first tried rebooting everything back up one after the other(router-solo2-pc) then tried connecting again but no luck. I did this twice just to be sure.
4. I then put the error message in a search and it explained to me to change a string in mozilla and try getting into via my browser. Tried that but got a different error msg saying the server is taking too long to respond.
5.Then I came across another thread that said basically reflash the box, I'm wasn't sure this would make a difference but I have reflashed it with the helios017 again and true enough I still get the same error message.

I really am at a loss now as everything recommended on threads has been attempted and still doesn't work :mad:

Help me Obi-wan Kenobi's-your my only hope!

Cheers

Jak

1 try and give your solo a static ip address rather than a dhcp one
2 try a different ftp clinet

jak_jones
23-05-14, 23:26
Hi cwebb66
Thanks for the help, tried assigning a static address and not sure how i find the mac address of my box?. My box is also wired in and not wireless so the dhcp should have no problem finding it?. Couple of things I did notice is that my routers address is 192.168.1.1 but on the box it says the primary dns, gateway and nameserver are 192.168.0.1. Also when I go to assign the static address it only lets me pick from 192.168.1.- and says ones with a 0 as the third digit are invalid. Whereas the IP address assigned on the box is 192.168.0.105. Seems to me it's between the box and router. I have tried assigning the box address 192.168.1.10 but again I am not sure if the mac address is right as I got this from the network MAC settings tab on the box. I have also used filezilla to try and access the box with the same result.

Thanks again for your time

Jak

abu baniaz
24-05-14, 00:02
Leave everything on DHCP for now. Switch router and receiver off. Switch router on, then switch receiver on.

Double check the ip address in network settings before using the ftp program.

cwebb66
24-05-14, 00:16
thanks abu for correcting me , jak_jones have a look at the guide in abus sig for new box guide set up or josh g set up guide

jak_jones
05-06-14, 07:55
Hi Abu, cwebb
Just a quick thank you for taking the time out to help me, I figured out that the problem was I had another router on the Lan plugged in downstairs and the solo was getting it's address from that hence the nameserver address being 192,168,0,1 instead of 1.1 on the main router.

Thanks again

Jak