PDA

View Full Version : Receiver not recognising internet..

antwan
23-05-14, 12:36
hi Peeps , good afternoon

My receiver is less than 12mth old and I've had many problems with it.
My latest issue is that the box says that the internet is not connected, it was ok till this morning. On putting another box on internet feed (2nd tm twin) everything is ok.

I have had the box back from technomate about 2 week , they said they changed board which solved my would not boot up issue.( see thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37839-image-changed-now-box-won-t-boot).

The green and yellow lights on the Ethernet socket are showing, tried changing adapter settings but can not change settings from:- use interface - no.

any thoughts or advise please ...
rgds antwan:confused::confused:

josh_g
23-05-14, 13:38
What image are you running? sound like you have a number of the dreaded TM driver issues!

antwan
23-05-14, 13:49
hi was running zeus when happened bit did install halios then reverted back. may do factory reset then install early image
What image are you running? sound like you have a number of the dreaded TM driver issues!

josh_g
23-05-14, 13:52
you should be ok on Zues as i remember seeing a similar thread with the issue you are having

abu baniaz
23-05-14, 14:48
The driver issues have not affected the network connection. Best to try on an older image. If still the same, get it resolved before your 12 months is up. Take a note of your mac address and s/n.

TM are normally very good at after sales service.

antwan
23-05-14, 17:24
thanks for info guys ;
spoke with richard @ TM ... box off back to them, 2nd time this month ...he too is unsure of problem, but agreed to sort it and bench test etc.:thumbsup:

Larry-G
24-05-14, 17:35
Sounds like a hardware failure more than any thing else.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

antwan
24-05-14, 18:38
I agree phoenix, seems to have been a bad box from day one. I have another tm twin 18mth old and have had no probs with that one.
At least tm have agreed to have a look and paying for postage back just hope its fixed.
Sounds like a hardware failure more than any thing else.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Larry-G
25-05-14, 06:42
I agree phoenix, seems to have been a bad box from day one. I have another tm twin 18mth old and have had no probs with that one.
At least tm have agreed to have a look and paying for postage back just hope its fixed.

They are really good for direct customer support (hardware wise), but absolutely and totally pathetic at maintaining working drivers.

antwan
09-06-14, 19:23
Hi peeps
Just update: TM have repaired my twin and sent back took 5days now seems ok . No cover letter or explanation of what was done with it but happy to report alls ok with it, I have noticed shiney new phono sks on rear so me thinks board has been replaced.
Came back with 4d image after 24hrs I installed Vix appolo3 image happy to report seems stable and working well.
Fingers crossed see how long it lasts this time.