PDA

View Full Version : Nano pink tint/no sound from standby

insomniac
23-05-14, 00:03
Hi all,

Bought my nano OE this week and put the latest OpenVix on it (openvix-Helios.017-tmnano_usb.zip) followed by Catseyes channel list.

Everything is working ok, except when I put it in standby for more than 5-10mins and turn it back on its pink with no audio and sometimes has a "no signal" on the TV.

To fix it, I need to put it on standby/Ready a few times OR with the pink tint, If I go to settings change anything with the resolution/refresh (i.e change it from 60hz to 50hz or 1080p to 720) it fixes the picture.

I have tried the following:

Changed HDMI ports on TV
Changed cables, new HDMI cable (v1.4)
to try: Change image to OpenPLI
to try: Another TV
to try: A 3rd HDMI cable

Does anyone know what the problem might be? or hints what to try....

Need to identify if its a bad box and return it ASAP

Thanks

kendo75
23-05-14, 00:05
I might be wrong and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am but I think it's a driver issue

abu baniaz
23-05-14, 00:09
This is a driver issue with the Technomates. Only Technomate can tell you if/when it will be fixed.

judge
23-05-14, 00:32
The TM range have various HDMI handshake issues at the moment with current drivers.
We're awaiting on driver updates from TM.

insomniac
23-05-14, 00:38
Thanks for the quick replies guys, so just to make it clear

All images have the same 'driver' so flashing it with OpenPLI etc will be of no benefit?

Because i'd rather return it then hope for a unknown ETA for a fix..

d_f
23-05-14, 10:48
I never had the problem on Zeus, just since flashing to Helios. You could flash with Zeus until the drivers are fixed.

josh_g
23-05-14, 11:25
Thanks for the quick replies guys, so just to make it clear

All images have the same 'driver' so flashing it with OpenPLI etc will be of no benefit?

Because i'd rather return it then hope for a unknown ETA for a fix..

most people with TM boxes are sticking on Zues for the moment as the issues are only Helios driver related

abu baniaz
23-05-14, 12:50
The wording in that last post needs rewording as it suggests there are drivers for Helios. The issue also affects the 4D image.

No other manufacturer is having such issues. The first step to any solution is to acknowledge the problem.

People are free to believe what they want.

josh_g
23-05-14, 12:52
The wording in that last post needs rewording as it suggests there are drivers for Helios. The issue also affects the 4D image.

No other manufacturer is having such issues. The first step to any solution is to acknowledge the problem.

People are free to believe what they want.

Sorry Abu it wont let me edit it, what i meant was the Issue is only related to the TM drivers used in Helios. Zues has the old TM drivers

abu baniaz
23-05-14, 13:01
Same thing in latest drivers TM provided. Real shame good hardware and company normally very good at looking after its customers being let down by the drivers.

I'll have to stop using Apollo and go back to Zeus if SWMBO complains again. Or buy new receiver.

Larry-G
23-05-14, 13:07
Same thing in latest drivers TM provided. Real shame good hardware and company normally very good at looking after its customers being let down by the drivers.

I'll have to stop using Apollo and go back to Zeus if SWMBO complains again. Or buy new receiver.

Thats why ALL my TM's have been put back into their boxes, No other receiver i have suffers any where near as much as the TM's do with their driver issues.

josh_g
23-05-14, 13:13

So no fix when Apollo is released then? i was really excited when Helios came along and the pain of all the other boxes having it and then when us TM owners didnt, then once we do get it the drivers are broken was a bit of a slap in the face really.

i need a new box or the other bedroom and as much as i want to put a TM Nano in there looks like it wont be another TM box :mad:

Rob van der Does
23-05-14, 13:20
XP1000 is a good box for the bedroom.

josh_g
23-05-14, 13:37
i put one in in my dads villa in Spain and your right they are good boxes and with £99 from the sponsor cant go wrong! but deep in my heart i just wish TM would pull their finger out

kendo75
23-05-14, 13:52
So does every TM owner

insomniac
23-05-14, 17:34
there's hope! If Zeus image will do the job just fine, I might keep the box.

Does anyone know if I need to flash a specific bootloader for Zeus? (I flashed Technomate-TM-Nano-OE-12-02-14.rar for helios)

Also is, openvix-Zeus.023-tmnano_usb.zip the best build to flash on the nano?

Andy_Hazza
23-05-14, 17:42
there's hope! If Zeus image will do the job just fine, I might keep the box.

Does anyone know if I need to flash a specific bootloader for Zeus? (I flashed Technomate-TM-Nano-OE-12-02-14.rar for helios)

Also is, openvix-Zeus.023-tmnano_usb.zip the best build to flash on the nano?

They are the ones I used today to sort a friends TM out and all is good. :thumbsup:

insomniac
23-05-14, 21:47
Thanks Andy - Ive put the image on and encountered a separate issue

The Zeus image doesn't seem to be picking up my card!, I've made sure its in all the way and chip face down, but when checking entitlements it says "no card inserted"

I've tried both CCcam 2.3.0 and 2.1.4, which I stuck into /tmp/ and installed via the GUI and started

The card is definitely OK, tested it straight after in a DM500.

Any ideas? ...anyone :confused:

abu baniaz
23-05-14, 21:50
Card reader does not work with those drivers.

insomniac
23-05-14, 23:16
Thanks Abu Baniaz, looks like im screwed.