PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Automatic Volume broken?

sandiego69
22-05-14, 08:03
AVL does not seem to work for me since changing to latest Helios images. The volume for each channel is the same as the previous one. This is not the behaviour that remembered the individual volume chosen in previous images.

Trial
22-05-14, 09:10
Hi,
AVL is not storing individual volumes for the services. AVL tries to do some calculations to level the volume between the services and avoid high dynamic jumps.

ciao

sandiego69
22-05-14, 09:22
Hi,
AVL is not storing individual volumes for the services. AVL tries to do some calculations to level the volume between the services and avoid high dynamic jumps.

ciao

Odd that you say that because it certainly stored individual settings for every channel all the way up to 808.

So, I can only conclude, AVL in it's present version is not compatible with Helios.

Rob van der Does
22-05-14, 09:29
Are we talking the same language? Is this about AVL that is in audio settings (and that doesn't store settings per channel) or about the plugin (that IIRC does store service settings)?

Trial
22-05-14, 09:52
Hi,
I think he is talking about a plugin he did not install in helios because AVL in the driver is quite new and I am not sure if it already was in ViX <=3.808.

ciao

sandiego69
22-05-14, 18:44
Now you all have me confused.

The AVL I have set is found (maybe I downloaded a 'plugin') in Setup > System > Automatic Volume

Rob van der Does
22-05-14, 19:16
So that's a plugin.

Trial
22-05-14, 19:18
Hi,
I donīt have such an option. I know "Automatic Volume Adjustment". Is this your plugin? This must be configured it does not remember your settings. For each AC3 channel you must define an offset relativ to your current volume.

ciao