PDA

View Full Version : No-ip auto login

seame
21-05-14, 01:14
Has anybody used this plugin?

I have it installed but it doesn't show on the box. I can see the files when I ftp and I assume its just a case of editing the .py file, can anyone confirm which lines need changing?

I got it from the linuxsat addons plugin but their website is down for maintenance and I can't find much info elsewhere.

Rob van der Does
21-05-14, 06:37
I have no idea how you 'installed' it, but it is not a proper/complete plugin.
What is it supposed to do?

BTW: 'Donwload only' means download only; for questions we have other sections.

seame
21-05-14, 10:40
I have no idea how you 'installed' it, but it is not a proper/complete plugin.
What is it supposed to do?

BTW: 'Donwload only' means download only; for questions we have other sections.

As stated above I got the plugin from the linuxsat addon plugin. The file I posted is not the complete plugin, just the .py file.
The plugin should allow me to connect to my Quad from outside my home network using my No-ip account.

judge
21-05-14, 10:57
What image are you using? The indyan plugin works perfectly fine with no-ip.com

seame
21-05-14, 11:02
I'm on helios build 11. I'll give the inadyn plugin a go cheers

timofee
21-05-14, 21:11
The inadyn plug in is designed to update your no-ip account - I'm not sure if that is what you want?

But for information - standard inadyn does not work if you are on a fixed IP at your base location.

Larry-G
21-05-14, 21:22
The inadyn plug in is designed to update your no-ip account - I'm not sure if that is what you want?

But for information - standard inadyn does not work if you are on a fixed IP at your base location.

It kind of defeats the whole purpose of using a no-ip account if you have a fixed ip address in the first place. no-ip and other similar services are designed for those who's ip's change regularly not fixed ip's.

timofee
22-05-14, 14:05
There is a no-ip problem that affects people with fixed IPs.

No-ip requires you to login every three-four weeks to maintain your account. They send a nagging email every 3-4 weeks - if you miss the email for any reason you will automatically lose your no-ip account. Or you can pay no-ip up to £200 per year to avoid the need to login every 3-4 weeks.

As I said in my post, standard inadyn does not help in those circumstances. I believe there is a adapted inadyn version available that will perform an automated logon even if you have a fixed IP.