PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] copy image from one box to another

aldo2332
20-05-14, 18:47
Ive just bought another VU duo for another room but what i need to do is completely copy the image off my current box and all the customised settings/bouquets, etc from this box to the new one so i dont have to go through the whole set up procedure again, uploading cams, epg, channel list, etc. I have tried backing up the image on to a memory stick but when try to flash it on to the new box it wont. Im really new to all this and a bit stuck . The back up image is in a zip/rar file but ive tried it both unzipped and zipped. I have read i perhaps need a bootloader file but i assumed this would already be in the copied image :confused:. Can anyone guide me a simple way to copy this over? cheers guys

abu baniaz
20-05-14, 18:52
You can make an image backu in teh following way.

Blue button > Vix > Image Manager >
it should be self explnatory from there. You should be able to flash the backup using USB to another receiver.

Larry-G
20-05-14, 18:53
There has not been a bootloader update for the Vu+ Duo for well over a year, and all receivers shipped in that time should have been preloaded with the newer bootloader in the factory.

When you have created the image from the first receiver using the Image manager (assuming you are using ViX), simply extract the vuplus folder and copy it to the root of you'r USB stick, then flash it as you would a normal receiver. or if that wont work try flashing the second receiver with a clean image from www.openvix.co.uk and use a settings backup created from the first receiver (using the backup manager) to restore your plugins and settings.

aldo2332
20-05-14, 19:03
yes its vix im using. When us say extract the vuplus folder is thatthe original folder i downloaded to flash the first box? (and then copy it to the root on usb?)
ill post which method works one succeeded

Larry-G
20-05-14, 19:12
Use the Image manager on the first receiver to make the backup, this will save the resulting backup into a .zip archive. copy this archive to you'r PC and there you can extract the vuplus folder, copy this folder to the root of you'r USB stick and use it to flash the second receiver.

aldo2332
20-05-14, 19:42
ok i have backed up the image from first box onto a usb then plugged into my pc dragged the zipped file to the desktop, extracted it then copied back onto the usb stick in the root directory. I plugged it into the second vu duo box(front usb) with a fresh image on already loaded on to it, rebooted box and nothing happened. I went to the image/backup manager on the box (vix) and nothing is showing on the usb to restore. Im guessing this method doesnt work or ive missed something perhaps?

aldo2332
20-05-14, 20:48
managed to back up image and flash to the other box now thank you for the help guys

Jamie12345
20-05-14, 21:09
is the USB formatted to fat32?

aldo2332
20-05-14, 21:20
yes it was just me being impatient ive managed to sort it the way you instructed cheers

Larry-G
20-05-14, 22:13
yes it was just me being impatient ive managed to sort it the way you instructed cheers

Congrats on getting it sorted and thanks for keeping us updated.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

twh
10-10-17, 16:25
Does backing the image up save settings too?

abu baniaz
10-10-17, 16:36
It is an exact copy of the image. The "settings" are in the image backup, they not a separate.

ccs
10-10-17, 19:01
Does backing the image up save settings too?By default, a separate settings backup is also taken when you create an image backup.

This can be changed by pressing menu when in image manager.