PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-MISC] What are autobouquets ?

Driftwood1212
20-05-14, 14:19
Hello everyone,

I think it would be a good idea to describe what autobouquets are and what they are used for. This way new comers like me can appreciate this section and know what the talk is about.

Thank you in advance :)

Larry-G
20-05-14, 14:25
AutoBouquetsMaker and AutoBouquets are plugins which basically automate the process of building and maintaining a bouquet or channel list. Prior to these two plugins you would have had to make a full service scan then move the channels around to you'r liking, a process that could take several hours, or wait for some one else to do it for you, which could take days or weeks. AutoBouquetsMaker and AutoBouquets now do the same in a few minutes automatically.

Driftwood1212
20-05-14, 15:12
Thanks for your input phoenix. If I understand well autobouquet will maintain a channel list by adding or/and removing channels that are new/outdated. My questions are the following:

1/ Does autobouquet work only on predefined channel lists like vhannibal ? or does it work on any channel list, for example the one I have on my receiver after I did a full scan ?

2/How does the configuration of the plugin works ? do I need to just define the satellites I would like the autobouquet plugin to keep updated ? or does it work in some other way ?

3/ Do you think this is a must have plugin after I install my channel list ?

Thanks again.

Driftwood1212
23-05-14, 10:54
Can someone please answer my questions :D

Andy_Hazza
23-05-14, 11:35
Are you on ViX?

abu baniaz
23-05-14, 15:05
Thanks for your input phoenix. If I understand well autobouquet will maintain a channel list by adding or/and removing channels that are new/outdated. My questions are the following:

1/ Does autobouquet work only on predefined channel lists like vhannibal ? or does it work on any channel list, for example the one I have on my receiver after I did a full scan ?

ABM does not affect other channel lists other than position of them. You have the option to put the ABM ones at the top or bottom of existing ones.

2/How does the configuration of the plugin works ? do I need to just define the satellites I would like the autobouquet plugin to keep updated ? or does it work in some other way ?

ABM works on providers. Only those providers that are available based on your tuner configuration are presented to you. You must select the providers you want. You can also put them in the order you want.

3/ Do you think this is a must have plugin after I install my channel list ?

The plugin comes as standard with the Vix image. It is up to you whether you use it or not.

There is a guide on its use in the ViX guides section.

Driftwood1212
26-05-14, 16:20
I will check the guide. Last time I used autobouquet, the only provider I was given is skyitalia.

Driftwood1212
26-05-14, 16:29
Abu bainez,

Thanks for your return. I couldn't find the guide to ABM. Can you please direct me to the link.

judge
26-05-14, 16:30
I will check the guide. Last time I used autobouquet, the only provider I was given is skyitalia.

ABM will give you different providers depending on your tuner set-up.

Driftwood1212
26-05-14, 17:19
Judge,

How can I add the other providers ?

judge
26-05-14, 17:23
Judge,

How can I add the other providers ?

They show up depending on your tuner configuration.
How have you your tuners configured?

Driftwood1212
27-05-14, 13:55
Hello Judge,

I am not sure how to answer this question. I have a diseqc configuration with PortA set to hotbird, PortB set to astra 19E, PortD set to Nilesat.

Rob van der Does
27-05-14, 14:46
Then indeed it is likely that you only get Sky-IT, as there are no providers for the other satellites.

norb
04-10-19, 10:34
Not sure if this post is closed as old as it is but if is not allowed I am sorry in advance.
I am new to linux based receivers and I am trying to get as much information as possible. I normally tweak around a lot even by eventually making mistakes and then I find the relative posts to correct any issues.
So far on Vix, I am having a problem in deleting channels, no matter how I do this, through the channel list/help/9 or via Channilezer the channels are popping back there. I have even reset the box and I am still getting those duplicate bouquets (3 of them) from Movistar. And this started to happen when I downloaded some ABM which I have removed but seem that VIX has his own preinstalled? What is the exact procedure? I have been trying to find that ABM guide as abyu baniaz mentioned above.

abu baniaz
04-10-19, 15:00
May I suggest you upload your debug log showing ABM execution.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-Please-read-before-raising-ABM-support-questions

ABM is a plugin that makes bouquets. If you make the ABM bouquets and then uninstall/remove the ABM plugin, the bouquets would still be on there. However, if they are coming back, it would suggest they are nothing to do with ABM as ABM isn't on your system.

Do you have unlinked bouquets enabled in your channel selection settings menu?

The guide section is on link below, but ABM has changed quite a bit since I made that post over 5 years ago.
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?301

norb
11-10-19, 14:23
May I suggest you upload your debug log showing ABM execution.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-Please-read-before-raising-ABM-support-questions

ABM is a plugin that makes bouquets. If you make the ABM bouquets and then uninstall/remove the ABM plugin, the bouquets would still be on there. However, if they are coming back, it would suggest they are nothing to do with ABM as ABM isn't on your system.

Do you have unlinked bouquets enabled in your channel selection settings menu?

The guide section is on link below, but ABM has changed quite a bit since I made that post over 5 years ago.
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?301
Sorry abu baniaz, I just realized now of your reply, I had no emails enabled in my norification settings in this forum.

I have done quiet a lot since I posted here and I am still a bit confused as per steps taken since day one which perhaps have been imported in the E-Channelizer chanel list I have made.

I did make a channel list with E-Channelizer by deleting over 2000 channels manually over satellites but it could be (you might know the answer) that this channel list has also saved the boquets and there were many.

I have then ended up removing ABM from the plugins to try and establish if was this downloading the channels at every reboot or device being start up but for what I have seen this is still happening even if with smaller number of channels been redownloaded other than all of them.

Case is that even by removing the ABM and without any other third party ABM installed doing this I cant see what else is doing this other than the channel list imported from E-Channelizer.
I need perhaps to find a way to open the saved channel list from my pc and delete the boquets (without deleting my channels), save it and then load it on the box?
I need to find some manuals that explains how to correctly operate both ABM's and E-Channelizer, basically get a better understanding on how to manage this.

This is the ABM section from the settings file in /etc/enigma2 folder

config.autobouquetsmaker.extensions=true
config.autobouquetsmaker.keepallbouquets=false
config.autobouquetsmaker.level=expert
config.autobouquetsmaker.markersinindex=true
config.autobouquetsmaker.nextscheduletime=0
config.autobouquetsmaker.placement=bottom
config.autobouquetsmaker.retry=30

I have attached the entire file anyway as I believe it shows all plugins installed, do you see any other plugin that could be the cause of this issue?59321

norb
11-10-19, 17:14
Oh, and once set in debug mode, where do I find the logs pertinent to ABM (if still there) is it one single log for all as the one in /home/root/logs ?

abu baniaz
11-10-19, 17:23
if you have uninstalled ABM, it won't be affecting your bouquets.

can you upload your bouquets? Do not do so if you have IPTV.

All channel editors allow you to read bouquets from receiver and send back.

norb
11-10-19, 17:58
if you have uninstalled ABM, it won't be affecting your bouquets.

can you upload your bouquets? Do not do so if you have IPTV.

All channel editors allow you to read bouquets from receiver and send back.
In what form and where do I get them from for uploading them here?

norb
11-10-19, 18:37
In what form and where do I get them from for uploading them here?
it's about sat not iptv

clivejo
11-10-19, 19:14
I am also confused on the operation of ABM. There are also some channels I want to remove from the list (which don't seem to be broadcasting) and some channels I'd like to add in. Where does ABM get it's information from and is there a way to override it?

abu baniaz
11-10-19, 21:00
when you rad/receive from receiver, you will have an option to save them. Save to your PC , zip the folder and attach to the post. There is a link to a guide on attaching in my signature.

You can also export your bouquets using openwebif. Attach the tar.gz file
OpenWebif on PC > BouquetEditor (bottom left of screen) > Export (towards top right of screen) > Filename dialogue box will open > Rest should be self explanatory

abu baniaz
11-10-19, 21:02
@clivejo,

It is going to be difficult to answer two people with different issues in one thread. Please read the stuck thread in the ABM section and start your own thread.

Please read before raising ABM threads:

ABM reads the data from the SI tables and implants the data in your lamedb and bouquets. I insist on saying it reads as opposed to scan. There is a technical difference. Yes I know that the button says scan, there is no other word to describe it without causing confusion.

You will probably need to use a mix file to delete the service. If it affects everyone, we can add a hack to the provider file.

norb
12-10-19, 12:22
when you rad/receive from receiver, you will have an option to save them. Save to your PC , zip the folder and attach to the post. There is a link to a guide on attaching in my signature.

You can also export your bouquets using openwebif. Attach the tar.gz file
OpenWebif on PC > BouquetEditor (bottom left of screen) > Export (towards top right of screen) > Filename dialogue box will open > Rest should be self explanatory Abu, I have replied to you on the other post so to keep things tidy.

abu baniaz
12-10-19, 14:07
Ok, we will continue on the other forum.