PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] VU Duo upgrade from 3.0.808 to latest version

cdmark
19-05-14, 23:59
Hello everyone,

Before this thread is closed because people think that i'm running 3.0.808 on a cloned box, this is incorrect. I have a genuine vu duo box and have been informed that this can be checked and confirmed if required.

I've only had my VU Duo box a few weeks and from reading around the forums on here and other sites I've realised that the firmware that the box was given to me on is running 3.0.808 and the plugins and feeds no longer update with it being no longer supported. I think that the Vix Team has a new image out and I think this is the Zeus or Helios (i'm not 100%) on this though...

What i'm after is someones time to make sure that I can move away from my current setup onto the latest firmware but without losing the config that have been installed on the box or the tsmedia plugin and my skins for the box..

I would really appreciate someones time on this matter.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

judge
20-05-14, 00:06
The backup of the config files you are after is for clines though?

cactikid
20-05-14, 00:08
whole new flash is needed with no backups or settings can be used ,ftp your config file to a folder on your pc and when ready send it back via ftp when you have flashed new image,all 4 boxes on here are 808 and in no hurry to update yet:thumbsup:
if you had a cloned box new image and drivers would kill it:eek:

cdmark
20-05-14, 10:52
Can you let me know the location of the fie that I need to FTP off the box to my pc? Not got a problem using the new image as the box isn't a clone.