PDA

View Full Version : Transponder problem help please

reeves1985
19-05-14, 16:03
I haven a venton hd2 receiver and has been working flawlessly for a good while now

I have encountered a problem on 28.2 with 11603 frequency where the channels breakup and are unwatchable these are 3 HD channels the corresponding SD channels on a different transponder work fine as do as far as I can tell all other transponders

I have checked the basics like signal strength connections etc

Have also updated to the latest image release but I still have this problem

A note to add is I also have a dm800se which has the same issue on the same transponder

Any ideas

Thanks

timofee
20-05-14, 15:06
This is not a problem that can be discussed on this forum.

reeves1985
20-05-14, 18:09
I was under the impression that it was cs chat that wasn't aloud to be discussed?

timofee
21-05-14, 21:21
In that case I don't understand your post.

Do you have a BT Sports subscription for each of your two boxes, and if yes have you asked BT Sports why you have problems with HD reception.

abu baniaz
21-05-14, 21:32
Your dish may be slightly out of alignment/lnb skew issue. Perform a conventional scan ( ie don't use ABM) and report back with how many channels you get.

reeves1985
21-05-14, 21:32
In that case I don't understand your post.

Do you have a BT Sports subscription for each of your two boxes, and if yes have you asked BT Sports why you have problems with HD reception.

Hi yes I have a bt sport subscription which works fine in the official receiver it is huts the venton

Used for other goodies which can't be discussed

Hence the question on here with it being a third party receiver

timofee
22-05-14, 13:51
The other possibility is interference from a DECT phone or similar device. The BT channels on 11603 are not precisely on the target frequency for DECT interference but it is worth checking. If you don't have a DECT phone yourself it might be a DECT phone in a neighbour's house.

Official boxes are much better at screening DECT interference than enigma2 boxes. In my experience with VU+ boxes you can usually solve a neighbour's DECT interference by improving your own signal. But the Venton might be particularly susceptible.

Rob van der Does
22-05-14, 17:19
Interference from DECT phones is largely dependent on using good coax-cable and connectors.