PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] Tm twin oe lan stopped working

docsavage
18-05-14, 20:39
Hi everyone I have a problem with my TM Twin Lan not working? I have a tp link 300mbps wireless usb adapter model TL-WN823N, I have put into a usb slot on the back and rebooted but the is no option for wireless in networking. Is there any way I can install the drivers without openvix plugin server as my box wont connect. maybe an ipk through usb or something? I am on the last version of zeus. Thanks for any help.

abu baniaz
18-05-14, 20:59
Do you know what chipset it uses?

docsavage
18-05-14, 21:20
From a quick google search i believe it is a Realtek chip set RTL8192CU

nipperlocko
22-05-14, 17:30
go to download plugins-drivers and 1 at a time download usb network driver and try and see if it works, for instance my driver was r8712u, I`m sure you will find the one that works for you by trial and error, when the correct one is installed you will see LAN in your adaptor list hope this helps, and remember to delete the ones that did not work so as you get no conflictions:confused:

docsavage
07-06-14, 09:17
I would like to try the new apollo release I can't download drivers because wireless isn't recognized and lan isn't working. The drivers are installed automatically on openpli and openatv but openvix has always been my Favorite image. Is there away i can access plugin server from a pc to download ipk drivers to install manually?

abu baniaz
07-06-14, 20:15
Here is the ipk for the twin

docsavage
07-06-14, 20:37
Big thanks I will try this tomorrow and fingers crossed it will work. Can't try tonight watching Britain's Got Talent. It's more than my life's worth to take it off.

docsavage
07-06-14, 20:41
Here is the ipk for the twin

Just extracted to check the ipk and it's empty.

Rob van der Does
08-06-14, 06:23
Well, my guess is that it looks empty (when unzipping on a PC). If you open it on an STB you'll see that there is at least a control file in it, with the names of the dependencies.
And now you know exactly why you can't install drivers this way: an ipk downloaded from the feeds doesn't include the much needed dependencies.