PDA

View Full Version : New to VIX - but have some problems

psionguy
15-11-10, 12:26
I have read some good things about the VIX firmware so thought I would give it a try. Things I have noticed, which would appreciate some help on.

1) When I tried to use the Media player got a green screen and had to reboot, still not working.
2) No CCcam addon available, so unable to check server status.
3) Satangel updater is shown as available but fails to install when selected.

Am I doing something wrong or are these known bugs?

tomcoleman
15-11-10, 12:32
what version of VIX you on?

Alanp
15-11-10, 12:47
Try Online update

tomcoleman
15-11-10, 12:50
Vix 1.3 is soon as well i think

psionguy
15-11-10, 13:02
I have read some good things about the VIX firmware so thought I would give it a try. Things I have noticed, which would appreciate some help on.

1) When I tried to use the Media player got a green screen and had to reboot, still not working.

OK with a bit of playing around I have fixed the media player problem, and also found the CCcam addon (not where I expected it to be) but all working OK. The only other issue to resolve is getting the Satangel updater working, anyone managed this?

andyblac
16-11-10, 01:09

do a software uppdate for the fix.

look in Setup --> Softcam / CI, there you will find CCcam info, press the blue button it is in there to.

satangels was removed as it breaks our image policy regarding keys files / configs

psionguy
16-11-10, 11:20
Thanks for the info and fully understand. Is there a method to install tar.gz addons in this image?

Sicilian
16-11-10, 14:25
Thanks for the info and fully understand. Is there a method to install tar.gz addons in this image?

That would have to be done via telnet and ftp i'm afraid.