PDA

View Full Version : [ET5x00] Loop Boot crash after skin installation

Driftwood1212
18-05-14, 17:16
Hello,

I am running the latest image of openvix (017) and after I installed Metrixhd skin on my ET5000, the receiver crashes and enters a boot loop. Here is what I did to reproduce the error:

I reinstalled the last vix image, and downloaded the metrixhd skin from the 'install plugin' section, then I went to setup > system >user interface >skin setup then I picked default,

then the metrix hd configuration screen popped up, I selected 'easy setup'. Then MetrixHD was being generated. Once it was over, the user interface restarted, but nothing changed.

After that I went to setup > system >user interface >skin setup and metrixhd was now selectable. So I picked it up and the user interface restarted again.

Now that metrixhd was loaded, I started switching to random channel, and my receiver 'ET5000' started crashing after each load up.

I attached the latest crash logs.

Please let me know how to solve the issue.

Rob van der Does
19-05-14, 06:27
I don't use the skin myself, but reading the crashlog it might be possible that the skin is not compatible with a box that has no display.

Driftwood1212
20-05-14, 14:25
In case someone runs into the same problem, I have reported it in the skinning section, and scwheeler was kind and modified the skin.xml file to troubleshoot the issue. The file can be found here under scwheeler post:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?27637-MetrixHD_MOD/page88