PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo2 Problems

truant2000
18-05-14, 17:12
Hi, is there anyway to get vix 3.0 downloaded.

I have a Vu+ Solo2 I purchased from World of Satellite in January and it's been great until today. I tried to update to Helios and it boots to the wizzard but didnt recognise my remote anymore, I then tried 2 other versions of Helios and then Zeus but it just hangs on the splash screen some with the revolving vix logo and some without.

I cant see this being a clone problem as I'm 99.9% certain its genuine so can anyone help me out.

judge
18-05-14, 17:52
If you bought it from World of Satellite you can be sure it's not a clone.
Did you change the remote control at any stage?

cactikid
18-05-14, 17:54
if you bought from wos its original,new images need a full reflash/image loaded and not using backups stored.
start from scratch to load new image having kept a copy of line info from previous image onto pc,some others had issues and moved back an image or 2.:D

truant2000
18-05-14, 18:03
Problem I have is I have ftp access to my backup of 3.0 but it does not contain the same files as I get to do the flash update from USB.
I followed the instructions to place the image on a USB stick and press the power button when promted, is there anything else I can do.

Also I have just managed to navigate past the wizzard on openvix-Helios.016-vusolo2_usb.zip and am currently doing a channel scan using autoboquets but I am doing this using a USB keyboard plugged in the front

truant2000
18-05-14, 18:16
Solved it.

Navigated using the keyboard to Menu>Setup>System>Remote Control Code I Then selected 4 by hitting the right arrow on my keyboard and then when promted held 2&7 on the remote until red LED was solid the pressed help and then pressed 0004 then you have to use the remote to select keep on the screen.

This has fixed the issue I was having. I have just tried following the remote part when on the wizard screen so you don't even need they usb keyboard but the code may differ for other as you may have to enter 0001 0002 or 0003 I just went straight for 0004.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

vusolo
19-05-14, 18:49
Hi,
I have updated my solo 2 to the latest Helios 0.17. When I check the updates it shows that one more is available, but with no change log. After rebooting it comes with the same update outstanding. Could somebody please advise?

Cheers

Larry-G
19-05-14, 18:53
Hi,
I have updated my solo 2 to the latest Helios 0.17. When I check the updates it shows that one more is available, but with no change log. After rebooting it comes with the same update outstanding. Could somebody please advise?

Cheers

It's a known issue with a missing bootlogo file, it's nothing to worry about and wont affect the running of the receiver in any way.

Larry-G
19-05-14, 18:54
Solved it.

Navigated using the keyboard to Menu>Setup>System>Remote Control Code I Then selected 4 by hitting the right arrow on my keyboard and then when promted held 2&7 on the remote until red LED was solid the pressed help and then pressed 0004 then you have to use the remote to select keep on the screen.

This has fixed the issue I was having. I have just tried following the remote part when on the wizard screen so you don't even need they usb keyboard but the code may differ for other as you may have to enter 0001 0002 or 0003 I just went straight for 0004.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

at some point in time you must have changed the remote control code away from it's default, but now you know how to correct it so it should not be a problem any more.

vusolo
19-05-14, 18:56
Thank you for quick reply:)

Cheers