PDA

View Full Version : HDMI doesn't find TV when switching on unless I reboot box

harsh111
18-05-14, 11:30
Hey guys, I remember reading someone else having the same problem, but I don't remember where and when I saw it.

But basically the TV recognises the box if I reboot it, but otherwise once the TV is switched off or the box goes to standby or the TV input changes, the TV won't find it.

Is this a TV problem, or flash problem or anything is there a setting or something to switch on? I have tried other HDMI cables but I get the same problem.

I am running off Helios 017 connected to a Panasonic HDTV.

Let me know if any more information.

Thanks!

harsh111
18-05-14, 12:38
After playing around with it, I managed to get a signal back by putting the box into stand by and then taking it out again, but although the picture comes through, its all pink!

I have tried more than one HDMI cable, so I know its not the cable.

josh_g
18-05-14, 12:48
After playing around with it, I managed to get a signal back by putting the box into stand by and then taking it out again, but although the picture comes through, its all pink!

I have tried more than one HDMI cable, so I know its not the cable.

Bad TM drivers im afraid.. My TM boxes are a nightmare at the moment

abu baniaz
18-05-14, 12:49
We are trying to convince Technomate that there is an issue in this regard. The workaround for now is to change display settings as this forces it to handshake.

harsh111
18-05-14, 12:55
If I downgrade to zeus would it make it any better?

marty
18-05-14, 12:56
If I downgrade to zeus would it make it any better?

Yes if it uses the older driver :)

harsh111
18-05-14, 13:33
Are there any drawbacks to downgrading?

josh_g
18-05-14, 14:14
Not on zues, just an older image really although there are potential bug fixes you are missing out on. But TM boxes are probably better off on Zeus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk