PDA

View Full Version : Is there a program for windows for the Open Webif?

harsh111
17-05-14, 22:37
Hi, I just recently put OpenVix on my brand new Technomate TM-2T and apart from the random crashes and the menus not loading after the reboot its working great!

Just a quick question - does anyone know of a program that can stream the channels or recordings like open webif does, with a good GUI? Or even any IOS apps that can also do this?

Thanks.

PS sorry if this is in the wrong section - still learning!

judge
17-05-14, 22:45
VLC on your PC is probably the best IMO.
Also, if you are getting crashes using ViX, crash logs are being generated in /home/root/logs/ by default, please upload them here.
We're aware of the non working menus after an E2 restart & currently testing new drivers with a fix for this.

harsh111
17-05-14, 23:00
I see... Would that mean just getting the link through something like chrome and opening the m3u file with VLC? That's what I do atm, but I was hoping that I could use something like an addon on XBMC to just open the browse through the channels and open the m3u for me.

With regards to the crashes, I think most of them were because of lack of space - I'll see if I still get a lot of crashes after I install a HDD.

Thanks for your quick reply!

EDIT: I think there is a way for the XBMC - I'll play around with it and see

judge
17-05-14, 23:08
Maybe a plugin like TunerServer would suit you so?
It creates a folder with m3u files for all channels. You could then browse that & pick the one you want.
I think XMBC has it's own addons for streaming from E2 boxes though. Don't use it myself so can't be 100% sure.

harsh111
17-05-14, 23:22
I'll look into them - for now I just created a network location and that seems to work