PDA

View Full Version : Solo2 won't find network drive through browse network neighborhood

guitarman
16-05-14, 19:06
Hi Guys, I am trying to map to my network drive on my Solo2 using the "browse network neighborhood" in Mount Setup. I am using the latest version of VIX. Everytime i start the browse all it does is lock up the screen. Only a reboot will clear it. I can manually set up the network drive but everytime I reboot, it loses the mapping unless I hit "mount again".
Any ideas chaps? First time I have experienced this issue with VIX. I have Samba installed.
thanks for any help.

Sirius
16-05-14, 23:25
Have you tried NFC rather than samba???

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

guitarman
17-05-14, 04:58
NFS is installed also. Very strange.

chaser
17-05-14, 06:18
Try uninstalling then reinstalling NFS. I've had to do this in the past.

Sirius
17-05-14, 07:53
NFC.... I mean NFS... Can tell I had little too many beers last night Looool..

As above try removing samba and Installing nfs, also try setting up mounts manually

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

s1m0nw
17-05-14, 08:25
Where is the other HDD? Is it in a has system or another satellite box??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

guitarman
17-05-14, 09:46
It's connected to the router as a NAS. Always worked with VIX I.e mapped ok from boot. Only works now if auto mount when box is up.

s1m0nw
17-05-14, 10:54
Uninstall NFS and samba restart box install NFS then look for HDD set mount as fstab

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
17-05-14, 17:41
'autofs' is actually advised, as it handles off-line mounts (which fstab doesn't very well).
Also rebooting the router might help.

guitarman
17-05-14, 22:15
Tried everything guys. No luck. Will not mount from boot no matter what I do. Reflashed box also in case it was a corrupt flash. Can only mount if I do it manually, but my Mrs don't understand this. Never had this issue in prior builds of Vix. Did a check with a pli image that worked no
problem from boot. Real bugga this is.

judge
17-05-14, 22:19
Enable debug logs, reboot the box & upload one of them here.
Might have some info as to why it's not mounting.

guitarman
27-05-14, 18:51
Sorry for the late reply... i went on pli for a couple of weeks because of this issue (this works fine), but I am not giving up with vix just yet!

Ok.. so the problem still exist. I have autofs enabled, and i manually have to press "mount again" in networks for it to pick up my NAS. I did create a log file, the only two entries in the log file that reference "mount" are

@line 69 > new Network Mount SERVER -> /media/net/SERVER
@line 163 > command ['umount -fl /media/net/SERVER', 'sleep 2', 'mount //192.168.0.1/Data']

I have this mount issue with both Zeus and Helios. Please note, everything seemed to worked perfect with the older OpenVix 775 which I had working for a good while with my setup.

I should mention that I use a Edimax EW-7811UN 150Mbps Wireless Nano USB Adapter with my box, I am not wired via ethernet.

knight4728
28-05-14, 11:14
I have the same problem with my vu+ duo2 it just freezes and I have to do a hard reboot.
I also have a solo2 and it works fine on that, the solo is Ethernet and the duo is using the internal wi-fi so I am wondering if this is the issue?

DaMacFunkin
28-05-14, 13:04
I have the same problem with my vu+ duo2 it just freezes and I have to do a hard reboot.

My duo2 regularly froze all my internet even though it was hard wired and would need rebooting, during one such incident it wouldn't reboot that was nearly 5 weeks ago it has been back at Vu now for 2 weeks for repair, so be careful m8.

Rob van der Does
28-05-14, 17:47
I can't say I recognize these issues on Solo2 or DUO2 (or any other box) using Ethernet.
WiFi can indeed cause drop outs.

knight4728
28-05-14, 18:55
I don't think it's a wi-fi drop out, I never lose a signal with my duo2 it's a great system, it just doesn't like the browse network for some reason. The box freezes and only a hard reboot makes it respond again. My solo2 works great and finds the network perfectly and quickly, this is via Ethernet, it's the only thing I can think of. I have rebooted router, reinstalled NFS but all to no avail.

guitarman
29-05-14, 05:27
Hello Rob, thanks for your reply. Would you be able to test a similar setup at your place with an external NAS? The problem does seem to occur in WiFi mode on the Vu boxes with both latest builds of Vix. To summarize:
1. A Network neighbourhood search freezes the box in WiFi mode
2. Continually need to re-mount to map the network NAS on every box reboot.

Please note, have tested with two other image providers without these problems manifesting themselves. This I think is a bug in Helios?

Rob van der Does
29-05-14, 06:53
My Solo2 on Apollo 001 with the VU-WiFi dongle works fine. Network browser shows all my devices and mounting a NAS works fine (also after a reboot).

knight4728
29-05-14, 08:32
Rob my solo2 also works fine but not the duo2 which is a better box. No matter what I try it freezes everytime. It's strange that there are 2 of us having this problem is anyone else?

judge
29-05-14, 08:33
debug logs?

knight4728
29-05-14, 08:54
Judge how do you do this please for this problem.

Rob van der Does
29-05-14, 12:30
Rob my solo2 also works fine but not the duo2 which is a better box. No matter what I try it freezes everytime. It's strange that there are 2 of us having this problem is anyone else?
Ah, I thought you asked me to test the Solo2.
Anyway: I just tested DUO2 (also on Apollo 001, build in WiFi): same results.

guitarman
29-05-14, 16:03
I posted relevant log lines above Rob. Is there anything else in particular you are after?

Rob van der Does
29-05-14, 16:58
Not that I can see.
Sometimes it helps to delete a mount, reboot the box and setup the mount again.

BTW: 'mount again' is not useful for autofs mounts. Linux does that automated when the mount is needed.

knight4728
04-06-14, 16:26
Apollo 003 has cured this problem so I'm happy!

guitarman
07-06-14, 10:24
I'm not so lucky. I still have to physically go into networks > Mount again for it to work for me. Anyone reading this who is good with scripts write me something that will execute mount again when the box is booted. Thanks