PDA

View Full Version : CrossEpg not populating menus

theo
16-05-14, 16:16
Cross EPG has stopped working on my VuDuo (Vix image). When I press blue button on the remote control and select Cross EPG Downloader it starts okay ie. starting downloader/reading summaries/parsing summaries but doesnt get beyond this point, and it doesnt populate the required menus. I have to press the exit button to get out of it. Anyone got any advice here?

Ps. Not sure if this is the best section to put this post. If a mod thinks there's a better place and they move it there that's great by me.

judge
16-05-14, 16:18
Try with a swap file enabled.

theo
16-05-14, 16:20
Try with a swap file enabled.

How would I go about this?

judge
16-05-14, 16:23
blue button -> ViX -> Swap Manager

Also, what EPG sources are you using?

theo
16-05-14, 16:28
blue button -> ViX -> Swap Manager

Also, what EPG sources are you using?

When I try and activate Swap File it says its 'not found' and that I have to create the file - how/where do I do that?

My EPG source is CrossEPG/OpenTV Providers

judge
16-05-14, 16:33
When in swap manager, blue button to create one.
You'll need an EXT formatted HDD or USB for it too work properly.

What CrossEPG/OpenTV Providers are you using?

theo
16-05-14, 16:48
Working again now -many thanks for the advice. (I created the largest, 256mb, Swap File)

Im using OpenTV Providers Sly28 and SlyIt 13. I would like a better, more comprehensive one for Hotbird, would also like one for 19.2 if you can direct me.

judge
16-05-14, 16:58
I would like a better, more comprehensive one for Hotbird, would also like one for 19.2 if you can direct me.

Sorry, no idea what others use for these. I'm sure someone else will jump in & let you know what they prefer.