PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ or plug and play

Grenadekid
15-05-14, 22:23
Hi I am purchasing a box for a friend and possibly one for myself, I just need to know if there are any good plug and play boxes out there that have a good timer software and capable of internal 500gb hdd and if possible a good epg similar to sly. I know I am probably asking for a lot for a plug and play receiver. I have heard the vu is the daddy of Linux boxes but how easy are they to operate with the vix software , I only ask as a friend has a amiko alien 2 and it seems temperamental and difficult running on enigma 2 with spark with constant disconnections from server. I am open to suggestions about any receivers thanks.

Grenadekid
16-05-14, 00:56
Sorry couldn't wait for replies, went for a vu+ duo with 500gb hdd. what swung me to linux was the youtube videos of the vix image, looks so much simpler than the software on the amiko alien 2.

josh_g
17-05-14, 15:22
Sorry couldn't wait for replies, went for a vu+ duo with 500gb hdd. what swung me to linux was the youtube videos of the vix image, looks so much simpler than the software on the amiko alien 2.

Its a good box if not a little under specked now. Make sure u install a swapfile on usb or HDD and also chache flash from the plugin menu and it should work like a dream! Its a learning curve setting up for the first time but the guides in my signature should help get you set up :thumbsup:

Good luck :cool::D

Stanman
17-05-14, 15:34
Thank the gods you didn't buy amino, it's a pile of shot compared to any E2 boxes.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
17-05-14, 17:29
I don't recommend using the cache flush plugin. It decreases the box's agility and is only required on a small number of unhappy DUO's.

Grenadekid
17-05-14, 23:21
Thanks guys for the heads up. I will probably need help from time to time dealing with some issues regarding Linux, plugins images etc. If the box looks like a fairly decent replacement for sly I will probably purchase another one for myself, that is if the wife finds it easy to use timers, vix version of series link, (i think they call them automatic timers?) etc. Just out of curiosity how close has vix got to replicating slys series link?

judge
18-05-14, 00:09
Just out of curiosity how close has vix got to replicating slys series link?

More confusing but more options available...
When you get used to/fine tune ViX autotimer options it can work way better than any SKY box does.

Grenadekid
19-05-14, 21:52
Thanks judge I will enjoy tinkering with it

Grenadekid
24-05-14, 17:34
okay up and running now, took me a couple of evenings to set it all up running very smoothly now. A bit hit and miss with downloading plugins but got the blue hd skin installed and auto bouquets is very nice for setting up channel list. Is the blue hd 2 skin the best for emulating sky or is there a better one out there?. Also very impressed with the timer setups although I haven't explored them fully or used them to any great length yet. Lots more for me to find out I think about this amazing box. Lastly I would like to mention the great service provided by the site sponsors world of satellite. ordered the box on a Thursday evening with hhd and pre installed image option and arrived with me here in N.Ireland on Monday morning via dhl. What more can I say brilliant. Thanks for all the advice and pointers above to everybody.

Grenadekid
27-05-14, 22:44
sorry maybe should open a new thread in support or somewhere like that but when I go to delete something on the hdd it cant (sorry cant remember the message on screen and the friend has the box at the minute) prob some of you guys will now what im talking about.

judge
27-05-14, 23:24
sorry maybe should open a new thread in support or somewhere like that but when I go to delete something on the hdd it cant (sorry cant remember the message on screen and the friend has the box at the minute) prob some of you guys will now what im talking about.

If you update to the current Apollo build available on http://openvix.co.uk, this issue should be fixed.

Grenadekid
28-05-14, 01:15
ok thanks Judge