PDA

View Full Version : Recording problems

serge
14-11-10, 21:18
Not sure if this is linked to the Vix image but am having recording problems
Programmes recorded are freezing and I have to fast forward for a second to unfreeze
Also some colour horizontal pixlation
Thought it was the typical ECM glitching but its the same on BBC one HD

Any advise/similar problems from anyone

Thanks
:confused:

DrProzac
14-11-10, 21:25
Have a look at these threads.

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3651-Vu-movie-playback-ERRORS-with-OE1.6-drivers
and

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2661-Odd-freezing-problem-on-playback

Does this sound similar to what your having?

serge
14-11-10, 21:37
Yes
That is exactly the problem, though reading the threads I'am not sure what to do to resolve it?

Thanks

DrProzac
14-11-10, 21:41
I think it's just a bug in the OE1.6 Images.
I did read that taking off the CDinfo plugin worked.
Although I'm not sure it does.

I still sometimes have the problem, but not as often as I used to since removing it.

dfdream
14-11-10, 22:01
Vix Team.

Do ye think this is a OE1.6 problem from the original image.
As ye can see this issue is gaining momentum by the increase in posts.
It gets really bad at times, makes the VU look sub standard when others are watching recordings and having to rewind etc, doesnt show the box as it once was.
I know its not a VIX issue (PLi users have had the same complaint).
Do ye have access to VU Support to report this issue.

BTW - I just removed the CDinfo plugin and will report back how that changes things.

D

DrProzac
15-11-10, 10:52
Report it to support@vuplus.com or alex@vuplus.com
The more people that do, the better chance we have of getting an update.

dfdream
18-11-10, 22:40
Dr Prozac,

I contacted Alex as suggested and he has replied to say.

We are looking into the problem you reported.
I will be back to you again when any update happens.

Alex....

I dont know if the reply means they are aware of a problem or not but I will let you all know if I get feedback....

D

bob1
19-11-10, 08:54
I have only had this problem with the last gigant image, i haven't tried the latest, i'm currently using blackhole and viewed plenty of recording without any problems, have you tried any of the latests images?

dfdream
19-11-10, 09:14
Bob,

I have Vix 1.1 updated to VIX 1.2.
There are loads of threads with users and this problem and various images.
For the life of me I cant pin it down whats happening.

I am going to do a total rebuild of the machine with VIX 1.3 when it comes out to see if there is something legacy on there that was causing it.

Do you do much recording ? I record about 5-6 programs a day and start watching them while recordings are going on.

This does seem to be when its at its worst. I will even be replacing the HDD to see if that is an issue.

If I get a chance I might go back to an old PLi backup for a few days to see if the problem is there too.

D

andy996tt
19-11-10, 11:55
I've got this too. Never happened with the dream elite image :(

andyblac
19-11-10, 14:19
Bob,

I have Vix 1.1 updated to VIX 1.2.
There are loads of threads with users and this problem and various images.
For the life of me I cant pin it down whats happening.

I am going to do a total rebuild of the machine with VIX 1.3 when it comes out to see if there is something legacy on there that was causing it.

Do you do much recording ? I record about 5-6 programs a day and start watching them while recordings are going on.

This does seem to be when its at its worst. I will even be replacing the HDD to see if that is an issue.

If I get a chance I might go back to an old PLi backup for a few days to see if the problem is there too.

D

thats is a known bug, i reported it to Vu+ way back in 5.2, it is the the TimeShift bug, vu+ finally acknowledged the problem to me last week, and they are looking into it. so now we just have to wait for a fix :)

bob1
19-11-10, 18:13
Like i said only ever had a problem with gigaint vix1.1 and vix1.2 work fine for me.