PDA

View Full Version : Brand new Duo2 not booting

promark
15-05-14, 19:28
Hi

Received my Duo2 from WOS today fitted the HDD and connected up but doesn't boot sits on the VU+ purple screen with double you expectations on the VFD

At checkout I asked for a VIX image to be loaded so I downloaded the latest and tried to flash, completed ok but on reboot still the same

I have emailed WOS but thought I would ask here to see if anyone had any suggestions

Thanks
Mark

marty
15-05-14, 19:30
Tried it with the HDD disconnected?

promark
15-05-14, 19:48
Exactly the same with it disconnected

promark
15-05-14, 20:32
Have flashed it again, and now is on Vu+ Duo2 CFE V2 on the VFD

Larry-G
15-05-14, 20:48
Thats just telling you what version bootloader it has, you could try flashing the bootloader again, then the image to see if that sorts it.

promark
15-05-14, 20:56
Again? I haven't flashed the bootloader only the image, where do i get the bootloader from?

Larry-G
15-05-14, 20:58
you can get it from www.openvix.co.uk

promark
15-05-14, 20:59
This one http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/VU%2B_Bootloaders/Vu%2BDuo2/

Larry-G
15-05-14, 21:02
yes thats the one. a tutorial for flashing the bootloader and image can be found here

http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/

promark
15-05-14, 21:34
Thanks pheonix that worked flashed bootloader then the image, scanning the satellite as we speak

Thanks for that but this shouldn't really need to be done on a brand new box should it?

One quickie I am a new user to VIX on my original Duo I always used Blackhole is there a guide to VIX as after a quick glance a lot of the button assignments are different to BH, and the menus slightly different, I appreciate under the hood is the same as it is E2

Larry-G
15-05-14, 21:40
No it should not have been needed but things can and do go wrong occasionally. There is no official ViX guide at present although there will soon be, you can press the help button on most screens for a onscreen help menu, listing what button does what etc.

and you may find this helpful.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37956-New-Box-Set-Up-Guide&goto=newpost

DaMacFunkin
16-05-14, 07:54
I initially had the same problems as you with my duo2, It wouldn't go past the splash screen and some wierd combination of flashing a different image then the bootloader then vix got it working, it seemed to work fine for a few weeks but would occasionally lock up till after 5!weeks I was left with the original problem, but no matter what image I tried to flash it wouldn't boot, then it stopped flashing and wouldn't go past the white light on the front, it is currently back at Vu for repair, a quick look around this and other forums you will find a few people that have bought duo2 recently have reported similar problems, I hope yours is now fine but my advise is don't treat it with kid gloves, if there is an underlying problem you want it to rear it's head ASAP. My own opinion on it is "new" boxes are being distributed with reconditioned main boards....

Sicilian
16-05-14, 07:59
My own opinion on it is "new" boxes are being distributed with reconditioned main boards....

What a load of total rubbish!

DaMacFunkin
17-05-14, 07:00
And your statement is based on? I never said that the forum sponsor has supplied boxes in this condition, or that that was the case with this guys particular box, I'm not even saying that my supplier has knowingly supplied boxes in this condition, all I can say is people I have spoken to that have had problems with recently purchased duo2's all seem to have something in common, they all arrived with v1 bootloader, 8 months after Vu had apparently started shipping v2 bootloader from the factory, also without giving to much away as I am still waiting for my box to be repaired by vu, I have proof that the board in mine had been previously repaired even though the case, outer box, acceories remote etc where obviously brand new, I may seek to take it further if I'm not happy with the condition of my box when I get it back.