PDA

View Full Version : getting the vu solo 2 to work on iPhone and iPad with live blackbox app

mike4scuba
14-05-14, 21:10
has anyone had any success in setting up live blackbox app to work under 3g and 4g (fine using home wifi)

these are the instruction i received when emailing the company

Hi Mike,

You can use the transcoding feature of the Vu+ Solo2.

1. Make sure that Transcoding is enabled on the Vu+ under Menu > Plugins > Transcoding...
2. Forward the ports 80 and 8002 (both TCP) from your Vu+. See your router manual for details.
3. Setup a DynDNS service if your internet IP-address should not be static. See your router manual.
4. Enable "Internal Transcoding" and set the set-top-box IP-address to your DynDNS host or internet IP-address in the app settings

Best Regards,
Marcel

2/ i have a sky box but in port forwarding i have the option to use Inbound Services or outbound Services in the header under Firewall Rules – which do i use?

3/ i have set up a dyndns account as i don't have a static ip. i have used my routers ip address and put that in the settings of the app

4/ it do you enable internal transcoding in the app or vu solo2

should be straight forward but am missing something

mike4scuba
15-05-14, 06:43
ok, have now managed to get the live blackbox app to work over 3 and 4g on my iPhone and iPad via sky router

now able to watch all my satellite channels inc recorded programmes from my vu solo2

if anyone would like me to make a guide to put on the site please let me know

judge
15-05-14, 08:49
Please do. Please also be aware you have probably opened up your home network to abuse from anyone else unless done properly.

kiwiz
16-05-14, 22:42
would be great

mike4scuba
21-05-14, 00:05
two people ! not worth wasting my time

judge
21-05-14, 00:12
two people ! not worth wasting my time

If the main developer of the image you use reacted like that, we'd get no bugs fixed...
Please do the guide.

skronk
22-05-14, 09:46
I would be most interested in a guide please

sivhead
24-05-14, 08:10
there is a guide already on the websites page
http://www.rotapp.com/guide/blackbox/en/
It does not go into port forwarding sky routers but that would be in the documentation for the router

Also here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12061-How-To-Stream-TV-To-iPhone-amp-iPad-amp-PC-amp-Others

duckhunter
24-05-14, 09:28
ok, have now managed to get the live blackbox app to work over 3 and 4g on my iPhone and iPad via sky router

now able to watch all my satellite channels inc recorded programmes from my vu solo2

if anyone would like me to make a guide to put on the site please let me know

I for one would be most grateful if you would spare some time to put together a comprehensive guide.
As I am in the exact position you were in just before you sorted it. We'll only difference is that I'm working with duo2, I thank you now in advance.