PDA

View Full Version : does my duo have red light symptoms?

goosegog
14-05-14, 21:00
hi all,ive had my duo since i purchased it from the sponser,oct 2012,my first enigma box,well my first sat box other than my sky boxes.its been a fantastic box.from day one ive been clarting about,great learning new things from the forum from more experianced users with great tutorials,thanks for that:thumbsup:
anyway too my question:my duo has been solid from day one,flashed many many times no probs at all and ive never used the casheflsh plugin or needed to set a swap file up.three out of maybe 6 times on coming out of deep standby im getting starting coming up on the unit and picture coming on but remote aint working.telnet init 4 then 3 doesnt fix,forcing me to rocker switch on/off then it works fine.
are these signs of red light prob,oh im always on latest build ie todays
thanks
goosegog

abu baniaz
14-05-14, 21:13
Sounds like the capacitor issue. Best not to switch on/off until you get it repaired.

goosegog
14-05-14, 21:23
Ok cheers,ive had a little look on the red light sticky,i aint used a soldering iron or one of those suckers since school,bit scared al make an arse of it.pure luck ive just got my hands on an ultimo so al pack it away until i feel brave enough to tackle it
Thanks for the reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
15-05-14, 18:06
Please leave the box powered off to prevent damage to the voltage regulator.

Kips
13-07-14, 20:27
So without doing this myself, any repair places recommended?

abu baniaz
13-07-14, 20:33
TV/mobile phone repair shops.

buz
18-07-14, 23:03
Repaired mine myself having never ever soldered. Just cut the old capacitor off and soldered a new one (50p from maplins) to what was left of the old capacitor legs. Took 10 mins and up and running again with no probs since. Just need very steady hands!