PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] ViX Button Mapping

sigpark
14-05-14, 20:40
Some help please folks!

I want to have a "custom" additional screen via a "skin user" xml file - this is not specific to any skin.

I see the following button mappings from remote (see end of post) as posted for ViX skins.

I do not want to lose any of the standard screens featured within a skin, so I would like to use a button that is not in use e.g. AV or from what I can see in any skin (inc default ViX Night) there is no difference in Short TV or Long TV, so Long TV looks like a good candidate?

I am assuming somewhere that the remote buttons are mapped to the screen name e.g.:
<screen name="InfoBar" is mapped to short OK button
<screen name="ChannelSelection" is mapped to short TV button

Question: How do I use "Long TV" to bring up my single screen skin user? What screen tag do I use? Am I going about this the right way? Should I have chosen a different button?

Thanks as always to all the folks that help :)

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red*** - Show current event.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - IMDB Database.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long Up/Down** - Open Simple TV List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.

** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Rob van der Does
15-05-14, 05:11
So you want to create an additional (not yet existing) screen and open it with a dedicated button (of you choice)?

Well, the short answer is 'you can't'.

This really would require additional E2-coding.

sigpark
15-05-14, 13:21
@Rob van der Does - thank you! In answer to you comment Nearly! I guess the "dedicated" button is the bit, I am looking to re-use an existing button and try and limit the feature I lose! I noted that the TV buttons on the remote function as per below. I have also found and looked at keymap.xml, but I am not quite there with understanding. I have read about a ViX version of MultiQuick, but I would prefer not to "play with key maps"

So my issue is that I have a "skin user" screen that I had previously assigned to the OK button - so it was my 1st infobar - therefore I "lost" the skin native infobar as you would expect. There are some ViX screens like the one associated to "long Audio" that bring up a "shortcut" selection screen that you can navigate to indirectly with short audio I believe (going from memory) - so I am thinking I could "steal" Long Audio and associate to the screen I want.

I also note that Long and Short TV bring up exactly the same screen bouquet screen.

My question is how do identify an existing remote button -> screen association that I can use for my bespoke "skin user" purpose, and at the same time keep all, if not all of the main ViX skin screens?

I hope I have been careful enough with what I am asking. Thank you.

TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.

** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Rob van der Does
15-05-14, 14:15
OK, so you have an existing screen that you don't need, and you would like to change that screen completely?

Well, then again there are issues, as the functionality of that 'stolen screen' will be limited to the original functionality. You might be lucky to find some unused functionality in there, but it would be very accidental if that would suit your needs.

So the best way to go, would be to find a plugin (or any existing screen) that opens a screen that already has the functionality you want. And you could skin that the way you want.
Not sure what functionality you are after, but e.g. the Second InfoBar is a screen with quite a lot of functionality embedded. And there may be more examples.

sigpark
15-05-14, 15:34
So the best way to go, would be to find a plugin (or any existing screen) that opens a screen that already has the functionality you want..

@Rob van der Does - thanks this is really very helpful. There is one button - I cannot recall - that launches Plex Plugin from long press (I have installed this Plex plugin). Specifically how do I identify and assign this Long press button to my skin user screen, as I am very happy to launch Plex from the Plugins menu?

Rob van der Does
15-05-14, 16:45
Hmm, I think you're asking the impossible now.
Maybe someone else knows?

sigpark
15-05-14, 21:20
thanks @Rob van der Does.

It is the long media button (play recorded movies) that launches Plex. Does anybody know how I can use this "Long Media" button for a screen in my skin user?.... or for that matter any other button that does not get much use.

I see "LONG Audio" toggles on/off Dolby Digital Downmix, which can also be done from "Short Audio", so that would be an ideal screen to replace; I will see if I can find that screen in the skin or if somebody knows its name, let me know......Please!!

Thanks!

sigpark
17-05-14, 02:21
Well I put my screen on <screen name="HelpMenu". I really don't need the "help" screen, works great, EXCEPT the skin_user will not render picon on this screen!

As soon as I assign the screen to <screen name="InfoBar" - no change in code (other than the screen name), Picon renders without issue.

This must be a bug or a design feature as Picons are not needed on help menu!

Strange thing is that Picon is derived from <widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Picon", BUT same widget <widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" works just fine!

For anyone interested the skin user is saved to \Root\etc\enigma2\ and there is a wee bit extra info for Crypto's (single line) assigned to "help" key based on Rossi2000's GREAT work

Rob van der Does
17-05-14, 05:10
This is exactly what I warned you for: the functionality of such a 'stolen' screen will be limited.
As the help-screen doesn't have any picons or reference to the actual service, this is expected behaviour.

Delagroov
17-05-14, 07:27
thanks @Rob van der Does.

It is the long media button (play recorded movies) that launches Plex. Does anybody know how I can use this "Long Media" button for a screen in my skin user?.... or for that matter any other button that does not get much use.

I see "LONG Audio" toggles on/off Dolby Digital Downmix, which can also be done from "Short Audio", so that would be an ideal screen to replace; I will see if I can find that screen in the skin or if somebody knows its name, let me know......Please!!

Thanks!

The button pushes are coded in keymap and infobargenerics and cant be done in a skin file.
For example Plex:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/267e73e3a0b1bcf992d43f2bf80e21b3b647f6db
perhaps you can use MultiQuickbutton to define a button.

Rob van der Does
17-05-14, 07:40
I don't think that's the issue; the issue is that OP wants to bring up a new, not existing screen.

sigpark
17-05-14, 11:21
Thank thanks @Rob van der Does and @Delagroove

I don't think that's the issue; the issue is that OP wants to bring up a new, not existing screen.

Sorry, my lack of knowledge - what is "OP"?

As soon as I assign the screen to <screen name="InfoBar" - no change in code (other than the screen name), Picon renders without issue.

Strange thing is that Picon is derived from <widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Picon", BUT same widget <widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" works just fine!

I am confused as the widget for Picon and Channel name is the same with a different context. It is not an xml error, becasue as soon as I change screen name it work, so widget source="session.CurrentService seems to be partially supported in the "Help Screen" context?

Posting a picture so you can see - "session.CurrentService" works for "Channel", Current Program etc. This "user screen" can sit right at the bottom (often in "black bars") and I can monitor Crypto's (in attached crypto is "Free to Air")...................as always folks, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Larry-G
17-05-14, 11:36
Thank thanks @Rob van der Does and @Delagroove

Sorry, my lack of knowledge - what is "OP"?

OP simply refers to the Original Poster IE you'r self.

sigpark
17-05-14, 13:20

Actually I would like to just "customise" an existing screen for my use!

I have followed Rob's advice, and I have settled on <screen name="EventView", accessable by Long EPG Button and I have left HelpMenu alone.

Well, then again there are issues, as the functionality of that 'stolen screen' will be limited to the original functionality. You might be lucky to find some unused functionality in there, but it would be very accidental if that would suit your needs.

So the best way to go, would be to find a plugin (or any existing screen) that opens a screen that already has the functionality you want. And you could skin that the way you want.
Not sure what functionality you are after, but e.g. the Second InfoBar is a screen with quite a lot of functionality embedded. And there may be more examples.

However the Picon STILL WILL NOT RENDER, and to be honest as this is effectively an "EPG" / "InfoBar" screen I would expect it to, but nevermind? It is not the .XML code, it is the functionality of the EventView Screen; as soon as I pop the .XML into an InfoBar screen, away it goes!

Thank everyone for help, I think it is end of road for my question. Am posting the "Crypto Info" skin user for Rossi's BlueHD as EventView, in case it is useful to anyone.

rossi2000
21-05-14, 19:15
try

widget source="Service" render="Picon"

sigpark
22-05-14, 20:58
try

widget source="Service" render="Picon"

Thanks @rossi2000. Yes that works, helps when you have skinning knowledge like you do mate.

I attach a picture and the small amount of .xml for this little addition.