PDA

View Full Version : bug remote control vix-others teams.

norhap
14-05-14, 07:56
hello,

there is a serious bug in vix and other teams. buttons MENU / OK stop working remote control

has set this in vix? (fix)???

thanks.

Larry-G
14-05-14, 08:10
It's nothing to do with the image but a driver issue, a fix was posted on this forum a number of days ago.

norhap
14-05-14, 08:14
yes, I have nothing to do with vix,

but wanted to know if the driver is already fixed vix.

skronk
14-05-14, 10:06
fogonero,

I have the same problem with Venton HD2.

Tried Zeus 23, Helios 15,16 and 17. All display screen lock up at HDMI/Scart setup page. All images prepared from feeds using HP format tool and Teracopy.

I have read there is a cure found but can't find it and am not sure its for Venton box anyway. I have rolled back to 808 which has cured the lock up fault and I can now set up the receiver.

I will probably wait a few months before upgrading just to be sure it works. I am not a twiddler so updating really does not bother me.

A great advert for.."If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

I had to roll back to 806 to rectify remote problem.

norhap
14-05-14, 10:39
you have to remove the usb-stick when you already have the HDMI menu, remove usb and will continue to front with settings. helios build in the last 17​​, must already be the driver and will not have got problems.

norhap
14-05-14, 10:48
@andyblac, the menu settings will not walk if we do not remove USB-stick

skronk
14-05-14, 11:32
you have to remove the usb-stick when you already have the HDMI menu, remove usb and will continue to front with settings. helios build in the last 17​​, must already be the driver and will not have got problems.

Tried this. Failed.
I can get past HDMI page if I remove USB, but screen locks at beginning of start wizard. The words "Are you sure you want to exit" on Venton screen. After that nothing happens.

It will be a while before I try it again.....back to 806...at least that works !!!

Sicilian
14-05-14, 12:41
See here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37742-Menu-button-not-working-!!&p=289532&viewfull=1#post289532

skronk
14-05-14, 13:13
See here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37742-Menu-button-not-working-!!&p=289532&viewfull=1#post289532

This will sound daft but if I overwrite drivers when using 806 then update to helios 17 which appears to be latest for venton, will the file not be overwritten back to originalwhen installing helios 17. I have overwritten driver on 806. Can I continue with helios install ?

Thanks for your help.

Sicilian
14-05-14, 13:14
You will need to flash Helios 17 first, then overwrite the drivers.

skronk
14-05-14, 13:21

Yes, but the point is when flashed, I cant get past the opening screen...HDMI setup, before it locks up !!

Sicilian
14-05-14, 13:25
Yes, but the point is when flashed, I cant get past the opening screen...HDMI setup, before it locks up !!

Take a note of the IP address before flashing the unit, then FTP them to it once flashed > Power off and reboot.

skronk
14-05-14, 13:55
Followed instructions exactly and the Venton locks at start wizard page. No remote function at all !!!:confused:

Sicilian
14-05-14, 14:10
You couldn't have overwritten the drivers, tested and works perfect here on HDx.

skronk
14-05-14, 14:19
I feel I have overwritten them as asked by check box...overwrite/overwrite all. I select "yes" to overwrite after being told a larger file was to replace the smaller one.

Anyhow, thanks for your help. I will wait until the working image is released for the Venton HD2. Its no big deal really, as 806 works fine. Video enhancement would be nice though :)

Thanks again

norhap
14-05-14, 17:36

Thanks for your interest but I have this issue.

by FTP to overwrite if the driver is supposedly the helios 17?

driver is or is not in helios 17?

if the driver is not in helios 17 ..... what is the reason?

skronk
14-05-14, 18:05
Thanks for your interest but I have this issue.

by FTP to overwrite if the driver is supposedly the helios 17?

driver is or is not in helios 17?

if the driver is not in helios 17 ..... what is the reason?

Fogonero,

I have played with this most of the afternoon and cannot get it to work. Its not that hard to FTP and overwrite a file. I have done so but no joy.

Sicilian can get it to work, but I can't. I am going to wait until a working image is released....(wish Zeus and Helios were never released in the first place)

Larry-G
14-05-14, 18:13
(wish Zeus and Helios were never released in the first place)

Zeus and Helios are working perfectly for me on half a dozen different receivers, the only ones which are having issues are all down to driver related issues such as the Technomate line and the Ventons (plus receivers based on Ventons), this is not specifically a ViX issue it affects every image. we cant win, if we dont release a image people complain, and when we do they still complain. makes me wonder why i bother putting almost 80 hrs a week into this forum / Image with replies like that.

abu baniaz
14-05-14, 19:16
If the driver is not in helios 17 ..... what is the reason?
Drivers which fixed the problem were provided after Helios 17 was released.

The fixed drivers will be in newer Vix images. You have seen the poll about new image name?

We don't normally have two concurrent threads with the same issue. Thread is now closed. Please continue in the other thread, link below.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37742-Menu-button-not-working-!!

@Skronk, I started typing before your post. Closure of thread not in reponse to you. Reasons why Zeus was released have been covered already. Feel free to start a new thread in the Rant room.

judge
14-05-14, 19:25
Another question is..........why was Vix 3.0 changed in the first place when it worked flawlessly ?

ViX 3.0.x was constantly updated too.
We can only work with the drivers given to us by the manufacturers, if they are broken in any way, nothing we can do except report the issues & wait for the manufacturers to fix them.
This happens on all brand names including VU.