PDA

View Full Version : GiGaBlue Hybrid DVB-C DVB-T2 Plug and Play Tuner Module

dikkidave
13-05-14, 15:36
Got one of these from the world of sat shop, it says plug and play.. i've plugged it in but cannot find it, tried looking in tuner set up, plugins, ran software update etc.. would i need to reflash the box with a diff f/w, could it be the f/w im already using isnt compatable with it.. or am i just missing some very easy point.

details are
Model GigaBlue 800 SE
Version Zeus
Build 023
Kernel 3.1.1
Drivers 2013-08-23
last update 2014-04-08

this is what i bought
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Plug-and-Play-Digital-Tuners/GiGaBlue-Hybrid-DVB-C-DVB-T-Plug-and-Play-Tuner-Module

thanks for any help

judge
13-05-14, 15:45
It should just show up under Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> Tuner configuration.
If it's not showing up, I'd first check to see if it's seated properly.

dikkidave
13-05-14, 16:42
Thanks judge i did check there but only showing the dvb-s2 i will unplug it all and make sure it's seated correctly..

thanks again
Dave

dikkidave
13-05-14, 16:57
Back again, just had 2 attempts at unplugging it and sitting it back into the slots, looks to be sat perfectly every time but it still a no show. safe to say its deffo seated correctly
thanks
Dave

judge
13-05-14, 17:03
Try reflashing with no settings backup so & see if it shows up then.

dikkidave
13-05-14, 21:08
will give it a go and report back
thanks
Dave

dikkidave
13-05-14, 22:50
No joy at all, tried 3 different f/w (vix) and none of them picked it up. is there anything else i could try? what is the possibility of the module being duff? there's no real way of checking it out is there apart from in a different box
thanks
Dave

judge
13-05-14, 23:03
No idea so. I have the same tuner card & it just worked on both GBQuad & GB800UE+, swapping between the two without the need for a reflash.

dikkidave
13-05-14, 23:19
mines the se but it says it is compatible with that.. weird, nothing ever goes smoothly for me lol

thanks for trying anyway, dunno what i can do now lol

thanks
Dave

judge
13-05-14, 23:44
mines the se but it says it is compatible with that.. weird, nothing ever goes smoothly for me lol

thanks for trying anyway, dunno what i can do now lol

thanks
Dave

If it's not working as P&P or on a fresh flash with it seated properly, maybe return it.
Can only say I've had no issues whatsoever with mine using current released & test ViX builds.