PDA

View Full Version : Webif problem

Prioryman
12-05-14, 22:41
I have been at this all day. I installed the newest image ( openvix-Helios.017 ) from here today ( was on OpenVIX 3 ) and for the life of me cannot get webif to work ( ie play on my computer with VLC player as it did every time on old image ) I have read all the reports here even checked my router for port forward etc.
Can anyone help as used the webif 75% of the time on my computer, whilst wife watch her channels.

BTW I have no hair left now.........

BubbleBalls
12-05-14, 22:49
Is the port set to 80?

Tapatalker

viddi52
12-05-14, 23:59
I have the same problem with Helios 17, went back to Helios 16 and it works ok there.

Prioryman
13-05-14, 12:04
Tried port 80 and still not working - installed Helios 16 this morning and still the same. This has to be a bug as VIX 3 was working great. There must be more than 2 x people having this problem.

Prioryman
13-05-14, 18:25
Can any of the beta tester's tell me if this is a problem with current version as been at this all day and still cannot make it work. Cannot go back to old image as no longer supported by the team here. What a mess.

judge
13-05-14, 18:47
Working no problem here, using Ubuntu & VLC.

Prioryman
13-05-14, 19:11
Working no problem here, using Ubuntu & VLC.

Judge, very odd as I have tried windows and macbook both do not work with VLC player ( but they did on old image and I have changed nothing here other than update image ) Today I reflashed box with newest image and still cannot get it to work. I have tried ipad app as well and nothing. Perhaps when next update comes out or new image. Thanks for getting back to me.

BubbleBalls
16-05-14, 00:30
Tried this on Helios 17 with w7 and vlc. Works as expected. But a soon as I change port I get the oops message.

Tapatalker

Prioryman
16-05-14, 08:23
Well, I installed version 17 after formating hard drive and putting VU+ Solo2 back to factory defaults and now it works !!!! - I do not like it on port 80 so changed it to my own port and changed the settings in my router and so far so good. Damned if I know why, but thats life..........