PDA

View Full Version : Faulty box returned and still not working

alfcapone
12-05-14, 17:10
Hi, my tm-2t died around a month ago. All that would happen when I turned it on was the green circle on the front would flash and beep and nothing else. I sent it back and it was returned to me on Friday. Ive plugged it in today and all starts up fine but now it wont detect any signal from the dish. Ive purchased vu duo while I was waiting for the tm-2t to be fixed and its working perfectly so I know theres no issue with the signal. The only thing that's different on tm-2t is a different vix image but im sure they wouldn't put that on unless it was working ok. Any ideas on what I could try would be great. Thanks Alf

abu baniaz
12-05-14, 17:17
Returned by whom mate?

alfcapone
12-05-14, 17:21
Returned by whom mate?

I sent it back to world of satellite as was still under warranty and they said it had been fixed by technomate and one of the boards replaced. Thanks

Larry-G
12-05-14, 17:24
If it had been fixed by Technomate the sponsor would have just flashed the image to it, he would not have any need to look any further than that before shipping it back to you. This looks like a cock up by the repair department at Technomate HQ.

alfcapone
12-05-14, 17:38
Yea im guessing they replaced one faulty board with another faultly one. It cost me £15.65 to send it back to world of satellite so not happy if I have to pay to post it back again as its still not been fixed. Do you think its worth trying to install an older vix image or no point as looks like a hardware issue? Thanks

Larry-G
12-05-14, 17:45
Yea im guessing they replaced one faulty board with another faultly one. It cost me £15.65 to send it back to world of satellite so not happy if I have to pay to post it back again as its still not been fixed. Do you think its worth trying to install an older vix image or no point as looks like a hardware issue? Thanks

It's certainly not going to hurt any thing to try, but you will need to flash a older bootloader if you go to a image older than either OpenViX Helios or OpenViX Zeus.

alfcapone
12-05-14, 17:52
ok thanks for the advise. The image that was on the box originally was openvix 3.0.808 so what bootloader would I need to install that one back on it? Nice one for the fast replies

Larry-G
12-05-14, 17:55
I would not go that far back as there are no feeds for that image series any more. Try flashing the latest bootloader for your receiver from www.openvix.co.uk then flash the latest version of Helios again to see if it makes a difference.