PDA

View Full Version : strange problem with vuduo

shuggy
12-05-14, 13:25
I bought vuduo from here and set it up in my house (works fine) then took it to my friends house and its not working right, it was getting channels but wasn't getting stv and some others, and the channels it did get was coming through after a few seconds instead of instantly I done a reflash and then wasn't getting any signal. but its working perfect in my house plus the old sly box he has works perfect so I guess the cables/lnb is ok or do u think its the lnb although his old box works ie gets signal ??

josh_g
12-05-14, 13:45
would help if you stated what image, what card and how you are decrypting it?

timofee
12-05-14, 13:48
Your friend does not have as strong a signal in as you.

shuggy
12-05-14, 14:27
yeah but why ? his old sly box works ok do the sly boxes need less of a signal than the tuners on a vuduo ect im going to change the lnb I think - i didn't think the image mattered its helios 16 cam encryption

josh_g
12-05-14, 14:30
have you checked signal strength and quality?

shuggy
12-05-14, 14:38
yeah after reflash I wasn't getting any signal, I know the box is fine so that's not a problem I was just wondering why the box works in mine but not his, at first a thought cables/lnb but his old sly box works anyway its no big deal I was just wondering if there was something I didn't think of

timofee
13-05-14, 14:25
It is not unusual for satellite boxes to have different sensitivities.

I had two different VU+ boxes and the newer box would not pick up a weak channel that the old box had no problem with. The feed from the dish was identical - in tests I simply switched the LNB input. The problem was that the tuner in the newer VU+ box was not as sensitive as the tuner in the old VU+ box.

I solved the problem by uprating the signal from the dish.

shuggy
13-05-14, 14:31
so how do I uprate the signal like u did, also its strange because when I choose a channel that didn't work it would almost freeze the box and I wouldn't be able to view any channels in the list ususally when not getting a channel u can still bring up the list and choose a different channel but not on this lol plus it wasn't the usual black screen it was kinda bluish tint im going up to his house tonight with the box im going to try different lnb thanx for the feedback m8 - so u just chose different lnb output I will try that

timofee
14-05-14, 14:24
In my case the problem was an old cable - a new cable and a new LNB solved the problem.

If using a feed from a Ѕky dish you might find a brand new Ѕky LNB helps, they have improved their LNB quality over the years. If using a motorised dish fit the latest Inverto LNB, they are cheap enough.

mcquaim
14-05-14, 16:32
Is it all channels that take a while to clear or only the premium channels?

If it's only the premium then is it a local card you are using to decrypt the channels?

If it's only premium channels not clearing instantly and you don't have a sky card in the Duo then you will not get help here I'm afraid, no CS talk permitted.

If it's all channels then check your signal strength displayed on the 2nd info bar! If it's a low percentage then that is your problem, you need to align your dish or replace cables/connectors..