PDA

View Full Version : Latest Rev 2.2 VU+ DUO

Retired member
20-04-10, 15:42
Just received a very small batch of new stock in (sorry not everyones yet), these have arrived with white remote but also with very latest Rev 2.2 board. All other things appear the same as the previous revision so I will not bother to post pics of everything.

grtmoby
20-04-10, 15:51
from version 1.3 to 2.2 directly!!!!
any news what is different/benefit.

is there a way to identify this from the outside box, without the need to open the receiver itself.

thanks in advance

Monty
20-04-10, 15:55
No on e else seems to be talking about it, need to wait I guess.

Retired member
20-04-10, 16:03
Not seen anything as such that looks any different, the serial number starts MA, nothing obvious from the outside though to pick them apart.

catseye
20-04-10, 16:33
Have the lucky winners been notified or will there be some surprises on some doorsteps tomorrow morning:cool:

Retired member
20-04-10, 17:13
All already notified I'm afraid, was only small batch, main stocks still awaiting arrivial I'm afraid... Fridays the day we've been given to arrive with them, but then we've had several dates before so just have to sit and wait, you never know!

oneforall
20-04-10, 17:27
Thanks for the info Sat Shop. So does that mean that one of the flights from Schiphol (carrying the Vu cargo) was allowed to land in one of the UK airports?

Retired member
20-04-10, 17:31
I'm not 100% sure, I have a feeling these must have come in by road, they actually arrived in a local taxi rather than an actual courrier! Not sure what that was all about but I wasn't about to refuse them!

grtmoby
20-04-10, 18:06
never do Sat....
lots would take it even coming by bus :)

satmanbasil
20-04-10, 23:09
Happy days :) think the local white van drivers making deliveries in my area must have seen the disappointment on my face as they passed my door today while in the garden fingers crossed this one doesnt vanish into a black hole like the last one.

regards
satmanbasil

satmanbasil
24-04-10, 11:46
Hi m8s

AT LAST !!!!!!

It arrived albeit late in the day but very happy with my purcharse, it does what it says on the tin.... upgrade new image in a fraction of the time my old kathrein used to take, installed CCcam and was able to see my network within seconds also found more stable with no freeze unlike incubusCamd. I decided ton load the dream elite first of all but then changed my mind and installed the VTI which i must say had more plugings than u can shake a stick at dare say i will continue to play with this amazing receiver for days hope that you who are waiting for delivery will soon have ur stb's and like me will think it well worth the wait.

regards
satmanbasil

Sicilian
24-04-10, 11:52
Woohoo, glad your happy with it.

One thing though. To use deep standy timers you will have to update the drivers to latest release, or use the openpli newbie image in download, then press blue button and and do software update. 4.5 image drivers are here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?365-4.5-image-drivers

oneforall
24-04-10, 12:20
All already notified I'm afraid, was only small batch, main stocks still awaiting arrivial I'm afraid... Fridays the day we've been given to arrive with them, but then we've had several dates before so just have to sit and wait, you never know!
So did the Friday stock arrive eventually, *******? I heard that next delivery is only on 6th of May.

hummer66
24-04-10, 12:25
So did the Friday stock arrive eventually, *******? I heard that next delivery is only on 6th of May.is this for real???

Sicilian
24-04-10, 12:28
Guy's wait for ********* to confirm. Sure he'll be about later.

grtmoby
24-04-10, 12:51
yeah only take the words from the horse's mouth :)

Monty
24-04-10, 12:54
yeah only take the words from the horse's mouth :)

Never mention horses when there's a mad Italian about :)

hummer66
24-04-10, 12:56
You can see are frustration, but as long as its deal with fairly that's all that counts

grtmoby
24-04-10, 12:57
I am a big fan of the Prancing Horse ;)

Monty
24-04-10, 13:10
Hi Hummer.
I know how it feels to be sitting waiting, not sure of your order situation but I am certain that everything is being dealt with fairly.
It's not the most pleasant retail experience I ever had, through no fault of *********, but it all worked out in the end.
Hold on in there hummer :)

hummer66
24-04-10, 13:18
Thanks Monty i am really pleased you have recieved yours and satbasil too :-P

Retired member
24-04-10, 13:19
We are still awaiting UK stock which is due April 30th, other stock from elsewhere well it could still well be delayed, but we can't confimr that at the moment. As has been said please wait for us to get dates, not someone else, if we have new news we will pass it on, posting dates from other sources only ends up confusing the matter because we have purchased stock from several sources, and none of them work from the same dates. As soon as there is news to tell I will, thanks. :)

hummer66
24-04-10, 14:49
********* the last lot of stock, was it not the amount that you were expecting ?? just thought i was on that one

Retired member
24-04-10, 18:12
We only had a small batch in, so no it wasn't all, we have at least 3 or 4 sources for these, but bottom line is right now none of these have come through with a great deal of stock, it simply hasn't been available, it doesn't help that we are given dates by them then at the last moment told, no another week, and then the same again next time, but the difference is with this end of April stock this is direct from VU+, there is no middle supplier, and this being the case we should actually get the stock we've been allocated, at least I hope we are!

catseye
24-04-10, 18:23
We only had a small batch in, so no it wasn't all, we have at least 3 or 4 sources for these, but bottom line is right now none of these have come through with a great deal of stock, it simply hasn't been available, it doesn't help that we are given dates by them then at the last moment told, no another week, and then the same again next time, but the difference is with this end of April stock this is direct from VU+, there is no middle supplier, and this being the case we should actually get the stock we've been allocated, at least I hope we are!

Have you had enough stock to cover those early march orders?

Retired member
24-04-10, 18:40
Yep enough to cover all outstanding orders and room to take a few more on as well :)

Retired member
24-04-10, 18:47
Infact actually not sure I've gave you the right answer there, have we already had enough stock? The answer to that one is no or obviously we wouldn't have any orders outstanding still, but if you are asking if this end of April stock will be enough to cover orders still outstanding then the answer is yes. Bottom line is if and when we have stock I will let everyone know the situation, I'm afraid threads discussing it here seem to get confused, because not everyones orders are at the same stage (other than they are all awaiting stock!) so if I post one thing here others see it and take it their order is the same, which might not be the case... PLEASE can we just wait until I have news, I promise it will be posted as soon as I have anything to post, in the mean time if you want to chat about your particular order please get in touch with me DIRECT otherwise I won't be able to help, thanks :)

Sicilian
24-04-10, 19:19
Right lets get back to topic, latest rev 2.2 :)

mandarinen
04-05-10, 15:18
Anybody on why rev. 2.2 and not 1.3 ???

bobonthejob
11-05-10, 13:19
Ive been looking around and struggle to find any difference between the 2 revisions....reasons could be...

A) because there are no differences other that the layout of the board
B) There are differences, but no one knows?

If someone does no the differences, please post up.

Monty
11-05-10, 13:30
All that I came up with is latest revision enables record from deep standby.

pege63
11-05-10, 13:54
That has nothing to do with REV of the MB its the early production of Vu+ Duo does not support ‘Deep Standby Recording’.
If the serial number of your box is from MSA5200001 to MSA5201500, then your box does not support ‘Deep Standby Recording’ feature.

bobonthejob
11-05-10, 13:58
Sweet ...keep the inofrmation rolling in ....

pege63
11-05-10, 14:32
Nor does the color of the remote to do with REV numbe, but it's probably the serial number if its uneven or a even number, i think but am not sure but last time i looked its seemed to me that was so but am not 100% sure.

pege63
11-05-10, 15:23
This may also be nice 2 know
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnBS3sVbO7XFdEg1SnZKdGwxcFA2SVlfMVkwSFEtN 1E&hl=en

Sicilian
11-05-10, 15:30
This may also be nice 2 know
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnBS3sVbO7XFdEg1SnZKdGwxcFA2SVlfMVkwSFEtN 1E&hl=en

Good find there pege :)