PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Network Connectivity Issues

Conorooney
11-05-14, 22:00
Hi all,

I have the Ultimo and it runs beautifully. Never had any issues with it so I bought one for my Dad for his 60th. Delighted with the purchase I made a complete backup of mine and transferred it to his and viola all was perfect in no time. In my house, it would connect to the plugins and updates no problem while the softcams worked and everything was fine. I took it over to his house, hooked it up and now connected it to the network, it got an IP address but unfortunately, when I went to go to the plugin list it said "sorry feeds are down for maintenance". I phoned the missus to check ours in our own place and she said it was fine. I did a network test and it said all was fine but couldn't get any updates nor would it download the TV guide which was my main issue. I googled it and can find bitsand pieces. I re-flashed it and tried it with the newest Helios image and it was still the same so I know it was a software related issue and re-installed the backup with all the settings on it. I tried it again and still no joy so took it back to mine and it could connect. Took it back and no joy! :(

So to summarise:

I have an IP address on the box
I can look on my Router (Netopia 2247) and see the vuultimo
Softcams are work (no going to speak about them here)
Cannot connect to feeds or any updates - it says "Your box is not connected to the internet, please check your network settings and try again" on some settings
I can FTP into the box
The wget is no corrupted (

I've read on the internet some fixes which do not work:

"default gateway should be the router address. Set the nameserver to be that address also. Then from the box - restart the network"

Someone here had the same issue but did not explain the fix properly: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18788-Your-box-is-not-connected-to-the-internet-please-check-your-network-settings-and-try&highlight=Feeds+are+down+for+maintenance

Another thread here about the issue but no real fix mentioned: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?27477-Sorry-feeds-are-down-for-maintenance-please-try-again-later!!

I'm thinking of getting a new router which should fix the problem but I'd rather save the money. If it is this Aidra virus thing, how do I get rid of it?

Any help is appreciated! :)

Rob van der Does
12-05-14, 07:19
Please delete the files (not the folders) from "/var/lib/opkg" and try again.

Conorooney
12-05-14, 20:04
Tried that there now and it didn't work! Any other solutions welcome. Only difference was that now it says "No new plugins found".

BubbleBalls
12-05-14, 21:44
Might be a network clash? Have you power cycled the router and box? You could also try a router factory reset (may be possible to back up before you reset)

Tapatalker

BubbleBalls
12-05-14, 21:46
And the Aidra Virus is cleared by resetting router, if memory serves. Also worth changing default password.

Tapatalker

Conorooney
13-05-14, 18:09
Will give that a go hopefully later on tonight. Cheers lads. Will get back to you with update. Thanks!

Conorooney
18-05-14, 15:35
Reset the router, new image, added a password and all to no avail. Any other ideas? All the cams work fine which is what confuses me.

Maxwell
18-05-14, 15:48
Possibly the router firewall is blocking the feeds or port, try putting the Ultimo in the router DMZ

Conorooney
18-05-14, 16:01
Ugh now i'm lost! Any handy guides on how to do this? Sorry to be a pain.

Conorooney
18-05-14, 16:19
I checked and I can't do this on the router. The company that provide the internet disabled it with their own firmware. Nuisance. I just bought a new router (same as my own one) and will give it a go and get back to you.

abu baniaz
18-05-14, 16:33
What image are you using?

Image name and build number please. eg Zeus, build 23

Conorooney
18-05-14, 21:31
Version: Helios
Build: 010
Kernel 3.1.1

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Conorooney
20-05-14, 19:13
Got the new router and viola, everything works perfectly! Can connect, can see the feeds, can download the EPG. So one solution for anyone who gets the "sorry feeds are down for maintenance" message a router can be an issue. The router I had, a Netopia 2247-62 had custom firmware from the broadband provider who disabled access to changing the DMZ settings.