PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Viewing recordings on vu duo in plex

Jeb1983
11-05-14, 16:16
hi,

Ive been reading everywhere and can't quite figure out what i need to do.

Basically i want the plex server on my mac mini to see the recordings on my VU Duo.

The mini is next to my duo but i can't imagine it would be as simple as connecting the two via a usb cable.

Would i have to use something like samba?

apologies if this is in wrong section but as I'm running VIX I'm guessing I'm in the right place

fatbob46
11-05-14, 20:18
Strangely enough I've just done this. For background see my thread below on NAS mounting.
This works for my Solo2 with Helios 16, Install Samba, and Samba client on your box, when it's running, on your Mac go to "all my files" in finder, and you should see the VuPus in the sidebar. Click to open, then open the "root" folder that shows up. Browse to the movies folder (mine was in media/usb), highlight the movies folder and go to "file/ get info", mine is volumes/root/media/usb.
Open Plex Media server, click on the pencil that appears when you hover the mouse to the right of the movies section below your server name, click folders/add folder and enter the path that you found under "where" in "file/get info" Save, and you're done, Plex should scan the folder straight away.

Jeb1983
11-05-14, 21:06
Mate your a legend. Thanks so much