PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Mounting a NAS

fatbob46
11-05-14, 10:12
Hi, I am trying to access my NAS from my Solo2, I've followed the guide PDF in the Image guide section (which is for Vix 3) and can see the drive on the network but when I press OK to open the drive nothing happens.
I have tried other methods and can now see the drive in network/mount manager/mount points management.
There is a picture of a disc with a red cross in it, then the correct ip address, then a green tick with NFS next to it.
The disc doesn't show up in Vix/mount manager, am I missing a setting, or should I use a different method?
Thanks for any advice, even if it's "don't bother":)

Maxwell
11-05-14, 10:20
what NAS is it and have you tried to access it through media player>location ?

fatbob46
11-05-14, 10:36
It's a Seagate Central, and it doesn't show in media player/location, only my USB stick which I use for ABM shows in there.

fatbob46
11-05-14, 11:27
OK, sorted it, I installed Samba, and the Samba client through Network, then was able to open the drive as shown in the above guide, followed the rest of the guide, and all is well.
Next step will be installing an internal drive when it arrives, so expect more questions:rolleyes:

fatbob46
11-05-14, 12:08
Should have said thanks to pheonix for the PDF guide,http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29584-Network-Mounts-the-easy-way-with-ViX-3-0