PDA

View Full Version : one for all universal remote on vu+ duo

Jagsy
11-05-14, 01:56
hi, I have bought a one for all universal remote for my tv set up..ive managed to programme the tv, dvd and soundbar but im having problems with the vu+duo.... I couldn't find an ir code for the duo remote so I bought a learning remote so I could place the remotes together and then the allforone would learn the duos keys.... but altho its learnt its keys its not responding well... like the key will respond 1st time ok but on the second press of the same key it doesn't respond.... does anyone know if its possible to get some kind of universal remote so I can have all my 4 devices on 1 remote or even have the ir code for the vu+duo

Rob van der Does
11-05-14, 04:14
See my signature.

Trial
11-05-14, 08:36
Hi,
VU uses a toggle command for their remotes and a lot of universal remotes have problems with that. I read that One4All, if its your brand, is able to handle toggle but only when send to support. So contact the support of the remote. Or read my signature:-)

ciao

Jagsy
11-05-14, 14:29
which is the cheapest harmony remote that supports the vu+ duo and also includes learning function

Rob van der Does
11-05-14, 14:40
Harmony has VU's in database, so learning won't be needed.

Jagsy
11-05-14, 14:54
Harmony has VU's in database, so learning won't be needed.

I was asking for learning mode for my other devices I have a soundbar brand called envivo that I doubt would be on any database as I have never seen envivo on any of the code brands.... the allforone learned the keys of the soundbar without a problem but obviously couldn't work the duo, so I need a remote that will work all devices... I know the harmony will have no difficulty doing my Samsung tv, Samsung bd player and vu duo as u say, but it would be the soundbar that I would probs need learning mode for.. so do any of the harmony remotes have learning mode

Rob van der Does
11-05-14, 15:02
Yes. If you don't want to spend too much money I would advise the 600.
If you've more money to spend, from 600 upwards.

Jagsy
14-05-14, 18:53
hi..i ended up getting the harmony 300i .. I didnt need anything fancy...just control for my 4 devices and it works them all perfect now... thanks for all the advice

BubbleBalls
14-05-14, 22:16
You are sorted which is good to hear. For any body else to follow this in future - the oneforall 7960 handles the Duo perfectly BUT does need to be sent for programming. For me it controls my Samsung TV, Vu Duo, Gigablue Quad, PS3, Apple tv3, Yamaha Amp, Toshiba DVD and DVDO Edge. Some time needed to set up but works great.

Tapatalker

boxer29
20-05-14, 15:47
You are sorted which is good to hear. For any body else to follow this in future - the oneforall 7960 handles the Duo perfectly BUT does need to be sent for programming. For me it controls my Samsung TV, Vu Duo, Gigablue Quad, PS3, Apple tv3, Yamaha Amp, Toshiba DVD and DVDO Edge. Some time needed to set up but works great.

Tapatalker

Where do you send the 7960 for programming, I need to set that up

Sent from my LG-V500

BubbleBalls
20-05-14, 17:01
Hi, I'm in Dublin - sent mine to Blackrock. Not sure where you're based but check their site. If remote is under one year old reprogramming is free - you pay the postage.

Tapatalker

Rob van der Does
20-05-14, 17:12
What a nightmare: you have to send a R/C to get it right?
Please check my signature for a decent solution :p

marty
20-05-14, 17:59
What a nightmare: you have to send a R/C to get it right?
Please check my signature for a decent solution :p

I have the Logitech Harmony 700 (same as 650 but with charger) without a doubt the best remote's out there!!!!!!!!

nsw9154
20-05-14, 18:09
I did not realise that Remote Control's where so advanced now,I have tried a few in the past and they ended up in the bin, and I did not know what Logitech Harmony was until i did a search
so now i am going to order a Logitech Harmony 650, as i have read a few reviews and they seem great value and i will at last get rid of my HORRIBLE Tivo Remote

Thank you Rob van der Does if you had not ad them in your signature I would have never looked Thanks again :thumbsup:

just seen your post now marty i am defiantly going to order a 650 Thank you as well :thumbsup:

regards norm

marty
20-05-14, 18:12
Thank you Rob van der Does if you had not ad them in your signature I would have never looked Thanks again :thumbsup:

Same here :thumbsup: I had used all for ones in the past, not the best :(

nsw9154
21-05-14, 01:01
been searching for a Logitech Harmony 650 but most of them are for Factory Refurbished on ebay or on Amazon and I want a New one
looks like I will wait a little bit longer :(