PDA

View Full Version : New Box Setup Guide for Solo2 ?

popopo
10-05-14, 21:20
Hey All

I just bought my VU+ Solo2 from WOS and it came with the blackhole image on it. I have managed to somehow get it playing the eurovision using my Sky dish cables but I really am struggling to find a guide that shows me how to do anything with blackhole.

I regret asking for it to be put on now, and I would like to:

1. Backup everything as the box is now as it does work. So if I make any mistakes I can always out it back to the way it was when it works.
2. After looking into it I see the VIX team image seems to be the closest EPG to sky that I can find so I want to use that.
3. I also want to skin the EPG so it looks like sky.
4. I have a wifi USB dongle i also bought with the idea of transferring Avi, MKV files into the solo2 hard disk so I can watch them later without having to use an ethernet cable. Not sure how to setup that so I can FTP files into it.
5. Would be awesome to have iplayer, 4od and other streaming things on it as well as a browser / youtube. No idea how to get that working.
6. Finally I noticed that the blackhole EPG does not seem to get the channel now/next info.

Overall i just find it overwhelming with no guides on what any of the options on this image actually can do for me. Seems vix at least is well supported and I could find a how to for most things.

Thanks for any help

Larry-G
10-05-14, 21:35
Here you go, have a read of this, it should help.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37956-New-Box-Set-Up-Guide&goto=newpost

we also have a tutorials section on our download site. www.openvix.co.uk