PDA

View Full Version : [Venton Unibox HDx] UniBox HD+ Very slow Zapping times

Tommy Ketchup
10-05-14, 19:25
Hello,

As titled zapping is painfully slow. When zapping through channels it takes ~2 seconds for the Inforbar to come up. I have come from VIX 789 and have tried all the revisions of helios and am now on 017 but the lag in zapping is apparent in all of them. Everything else is working fine and as it should.

Any ideas or help greatly appreciated :D

Cheers

Tommy

Tommy Ketchup
23-05-14, 11:41
Anyone? It got that bad that i have now switched to Egami image which has fixed the epg problem but i would much rather be running VIX.

josh_g
23-05-14, 13:43
Have you tried setting up a swap file?

Tommy Ketchup
23-05-14, 15:13
hi,

yes i have a 256mb swap file set up on /media/usb, but changing channels is still very slow. If i go back to 808 it's fin and like i said egami is also fine.

:(

josh_g
23-05-14, 15:14
how bizzare have you tried with a completely clean install no plugins or anything?

Tommy Ketchup
23-05-14, 16:05
I know it's bizarre, right?

Yeah, i have tired all the usual. Restore factory setting. USB in the back, up arrow to install and then set everything up manually, not via backup. Still no joy. The only reason i moved from 808 was due to plugins database no longer being supported. I've also tried Zeus but have the same problems with that as i do with Helios.

Not really sure what else to try :(