PDA

View Full Version : beginners guide to quad plus

rhurbarb
10-05-14, 14:45
Hi .My quad plus is being delivered early next week and i was wondering if there is a original image when i first boot the receiver up ? Regards Rhurbarb;)

marty
10-05-14, 15:21
Will be openmips I would think :(

rhurbarb
10-05-14, 15:30
I better get reading up on this box as it seems different to my dreambox .Cheers Marty for the quick reply

Rob van der Does
10-05-14, 17:15
Maybe have a look @

http://www.opensat4all.com/forums/forum/32-gigablue/
as there are a number of GB enthusiasts there. English section as well.

Joe_90
11-05-14, 17:52
Hi .My quad plus is being delivered early next week and i was wondering if there is a original image when i first boot the receiver up ? Regards Rhurbarb;)
I'm finding that the OpenATV images are quite stable at this stage, but I'm hoping that WoS testing is going well and that we will see a VIX image soon:)

filmman
16-05-14, 14:00
Just received mine - very nice piece of kit :-) running it on original firmware and all looks fine for what I want.

Joe_90
16-05-14, 21:09
Any word from WoS as to how testing is going on the Quad Plus? I'm dying to get my hands on a VIX image for this :)

nsw9154
16-05-14, 21:15
I am dying to get my hands on a Quad Plus when we get a Vix image :D

Eiji
19-05-14, 21:59
Same here, looking forward to when Vix will be released for the Quad Plus :thumbsup:

75mak
23-05-14, 10:29
Any update on this? Any estimated timescale of when we could see a quad plus image emerge?

Larry-G
24-05-14, 17:47
Any update on this? Any estimated timescale of when we could see a quad plus image emerge?

Don't quote me on this as I have the Quad not the plus, but I think we're just waiting to get one final issue with the LCD resolved before pushing the image for release.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

marty
24-05-14, 17:51
I am dying to get my hands on a Quad Plus when we get a Vix image :D

I wouldn't rule out the new NANO˛SUPER, very fast machine (fastest machine I've come across so far)
If the Quad + is anything like the 800 SE/UE + you will be disappointed :(

nsw9154
24-05-14, 19:41
I wouldn't rule out the new NANO˛SUPER, very fast machine (fastest machine I've come across so far)
If the Quad + is anything like the 800 SE/UE + you will be disappointed :(

I got a little impatient and unsure about the Quad and was not sure weather to wait for Apolo to be released on the Quad so :eek:
I have just ordered a Miraclebox Premium with Cable & Sat from the sponsors I should receive it on Tuesday :D
I thought to hell with it the VU+Duo2 is to Expensive
Solo se is not yet released
Golden Interstar Xspeed LX3 not yet proven and no vix image for it Yet
and I wanted a Box with cable capabilities and the Miraclebox Premium fitted the bill and was a good price so I bit the Bullet lol
dose any one know what size Hard Drive it takes I presume it will be a 2.5"
OK I will probably end up with a Quad Plus in the end but you never know the Miraclebox might just be good enough for me :D

jerry2
07-06-14, 09:17
I am very dissapointed by the Quad Plus at this time. I get the same transfer speeds about 10MB/sek as I did with Quad ;-( Abd yes, I do have Gigabit LAN and cables and switches etc. I get about 50MB/sek from my NAS.

Joe_90
07-06-14, 11:00
I am very dissapointed by the Quad Plus at this time. I get the same transfer speeds about 10MB/sek as I did with Quad ;-( Abd yes, I do have Gigabit LAN and cables and switches etc. I get about 50MB/sek from my NAS.

Hi jerry, I'm surprised at that poor performance. I have had a Quad Plus since early April. My LAN is mixed 100/1000, but when I connect the Quad Plus to the Gigabit segment of my LAN and do file transfers via Filezilla to my Windows 7 machine (I do not have Samba installed, so need to use FTP) I can get up to 58MB/s from Quad Plus to Win 7 and almost 50MB/s from Win 7 to Quad Plus. This is through a TP-Link Gigabit switch and normal Cat5 patch cables. I wonder if your card is not syncing properly with your switch? You could try the following commands to check the link state if you telnet into the Quad Plus:

gbquadplus login: root
root@gbquadplus:~# dmesg | grep -i duplex
eth0: Link up, 1000 Mbps Full Duplex
root@gbquadplus:~# ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
Supported pause frame use: No
Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
1000baseT/Full
Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric
Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Link partner advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
1000baseT/Full
Link partner advertised pause frame use: Symmetric
Link partner advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Speed: 1000Mb/s
Duplex: Full
Port: MII
PHYAD: 3
Transceiver: internal
Auto-negotiation: on
Supports Wake-on: ags
Wake-on: d
SecureOn password: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Link detected: yes

jerry2
07-06-14, 21:51
Hm, it says: eth0: Link up, 100 Mbps Full Duplex here. But everything I have is 1000 Mbps, switch, computer etc... ;-(

nsw9154
07-06-14, 22:31
sorry Double post and i could not delete the attachment

nsw9154
07-06-14, 22:35
now that's strange when I transfer from my Solo2 to my windows 7 PC i regularly get 60Mbps, but I have just tried from my Miraclebox and i get 11 Mbps :confused:

35187 35188

Joe_90
07-06-14, 23:21
now that's strange when I transfer from my Solo2 to my windows 7 PC i regularly get 60Mbps, but I have just tried from my Miraclebox and i get 11 Mbps :confused:

35187 35188

And this has what to do with the GB Quad Plus ???

Joe_90
07-06-14, 23:24
Hm, it says: eth0: Link up, 100 Mbps Full Duplex here. But everything I have is 1000 Mbps, switch, computer etc... ;-(
That's very strange. Can you post a boot log? Something not right at all. The Quad Plus definitely has a 1GB ethernet adaptor.

nsw9154
07-06-14, 23:36
Sorry I was not hijacking the thread I only mentioned it because my Miraclebox is supposed to have GB Lan as well but only getting 11 mbps

Joe_90
07-06-14, 23:47
Sorry I was not hijacking the thread I only mentioned it because my Miraclebox is supposed to have GB Lan as well but only getting 11 mbps
Maybe then start a separate thread - they are free!

Rob van der Does
08-06-14, 05:40
It could be due to a simple patch cable. I have dozens of patch cables, allowing only 100Mbps; as soon as I change it for an other one I get 1000 Mbps.

Sicilian
08-06-14, 07:27

No it doesn't, its 10/100.

jerry2
08-06-14, 08:33
How do I save a boot log? Do you know where is it saved?

jerry2
09-06-14, 07:17
It was the cable in the house, I have now tried a new connection (that is not in a wall of the house) and it connects to 1000Mb/sek. But both cables are the same. Wierd.

Anyway, download from GBQuad Plus works with 30 MB/sec, that is ok, the cable is cat 5e, not CAT6, I usually do not get faster speeds in my house.

BUT... the upload to Quad Plus is fluctuating from 400 kb/sec to 18 Mb/sec with average then about 4 MB/sec... First I thought it is cable again, but if it goes in one way, why doesn't it go in another way with same speed? Do you get same ul and dl speeds? This fluctuation is wierd, like there were errorrs during transfer that needed to be corrected.

PS - I have now tried using FTP... WIth ftp, the transfer is 40 MB/sec upload and 50MB/sec download... Can it be the windows network neighbourhood then at fault (samba)? How can I fix that? Or is the GB Quad Plus samba at fault? I get GB speeds from my PC to my NAS so... :-( Is there any setting in GB for samba I could use?

Joe_90
09-06-14, 22:14
It was the cable in the house, I have now tried a new connection (that is not in a wall of the house) and it connects to 1000Mb/sek. But both cables are the same. Wierd.

Anyway, download from GBQuad Plus works with 30 MB/sec, that is ok, the cable is cat 5e, not CAT6, I usually do not get faster speeds in my house.

BUT... the upload to Quad Plus is fluctuating from 400 kb/sec to 18 Mb/sec with average then about 4 MB/sec... First I thought it is cable again, but if it goes in one way, why doesn't it go in another way with same speed? Do you get same ul and dl speeds? This fluctuation is wierd, like there were errorrs during transfer that needed to be corrected.

PS - I have now tried using FTP... WIth ftp, the transfer is 40 MB/sec upload and 50MB/sec download... Can it be the windows network neighbourhood then at fault (samba)? How can I fix that? Or is the GB Quad Plus samba at fault? I get GB speeds from my PC to my NAS so... :-( Is there any setting in GB for samba I could use?
Hi again, jerry.
I'm not sure if samba is the issue (maybe others using samba and Windows could comment). If you are now getting 40-50MB transfers using FTP, then the hardware is ok - no? All that's left is fine tuning the software environment and drivers for Quad Plus. Hopefully we will see an initial release of VIX for Quad Plus soon :)

jerry2
10-06-14, 19:43
Thanx, yes the HD is ok now using FTP I get the speed. I have to use Open ATV because there is no VIX and I can not get to settings on my QUad Plus for Samba so I gues something is not right there.