PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Issues setting up PC-TV nano-stick (290e) USB tuners on new installation

mifo
10-05-14, 14:06
Hardware: VU+ Duo2 with
Tuners A & B: built in dual DVB-S2
Tuner C: built in DVB-T (disabled)
Tuners D & E: two PCTV 290e (DVB-T2)

When trying to enable the 290e sticks the following steps are necessary:

Initially the system shows the two sticks as enabled DVB-T:

When going in to set up Tuner D however, the Tuner Type menu option is not shown:

To make it work you need to disable the tuner (D).
Then save

Then go in to Tuner E - which will cause a crash

After the system boots back up - go into Tuner E again and you will see a full set of config options for the first time, initially set to DVB-C

Which you can switch over to DVB-T2 without error - and you get a full, correct options screen for DVB-T2:

Then go back in to Tuner D which shows a cut down menu again but this time allows you to select the tuner type (initially set to DVB-C)
and set it DVB-T2 (go LEFT not right, clicking right sometimes causes a crash)

After which you are done in this section and it's time to scan ...

The external tuners are not shown under Autoscan, but a manual scan is possible:

I'm posting this but aware that I unfortunately won't have much chance to do additional testing as the TV is usually either in use (wife) or out of bounds (due to kids being awake)

Huevos
10-05-14, 17:07
Can you post the crash log please.

andyblac
11-05-14, 00:07
can you try one stick, it could be a limitation in the stick drivers, they could only support one ?

mifo
11-05-14, 07:07
The whole set up is running fine after completing all the steps above and initially seems quite stable (other than the issue I reported separately about mixing HD and SD tuners) . The crash just happens during set up and as long as you follow the rather convoluted process of disabling, crashing and reenabling then it's OK.

Sadly I didn't think to grab the full crash log - just the screen shot above which has some of it on.
Reproducing this consistently (to get a crash log or with just one tuner) means running a clean install each time I try it out, not something I can do easily / often without annoying the rest of my family. I know that makes it near impossible for you to fix but thought this report might help someone with suitable hardware in the next alpha phase have a scenario to play with.

judge
11-05-14, 09:22
The crash just happens during set up and as long as you follow the rather convoluted process of disabling, crashing and reenabling then it's OK.

Crash log should still be in /home/root/logs/ so.

Huevos
11-05-14, 12:19
Mifo, what are you gaining by crashing it? Why do you want to get into the DVB-C menu when the device is DVB-T? Does it miss the T2 muxes if you do a search using the standard tuner page for this device?

mifo
11-05-14, 12:51
Mifo, what are you gaining by crashing it? Why do you want to get into the DVB-C menu when the device is DVB-T? Does it miss the T2 muxes if you do a search using the standard tuner page for this device?

When freshly installed the system doesn't correctly recognise the sticks (see the first screenshot). It has them as DVB-T but when you go to the settings, the option to set the tuner type is missing (screenshot 2). The process above is the way I have found to get them set up as DVB-T2 and all the menu options enabled in the tuner settings page. I'd rather not force the crash, but it happens when you first open up the options page for the second tuner, after disabling the first. After the crash the options page looks a lot better, other than the tuner being falsely set to DVB-C (which I can change) and everything starts to work!

Here is the crash log that coincides with the fourth screenshot (sorry can't work out how to upload a text file here, but hopefully the code tag will auto-collapse):

And here is one from 10 minutes earlier, not sure if it helps or is relevant to this bug report. I think I incorrectly when in to one of the two 290e tuners while I was disabling the internal DVB-T card (tuner C):

Huevos
11-05-14, 15:02
When freshly installed the system doesn't correctly recognise the sticks (see the first screenshot). It has them as DVB-THave you actually tried scanning in this configuration? Does the scan fail to find HD channels? Need to scan Europe DVB-T.