PDA

View Full Version : cable

mikehunt43
10-05-14, 08:40
with this box and different tuners can you get a cable one for this box? thank you

Larry-G
10-05-14, 09:14
yes there is a cable tuner available for the Gigablue Quad, and we are working on Cable for our ABM plugin too.

mikehunt43
10-05-14, 13:22
yes there is a cable tuner available for the Gigablue Quad, and we are working on Cable for our ABM plugin too.many thanks whats its called please?

judge
10-05-14, 13:24
many thanks whats its called please?

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Gigablue-HD-Linux-Enigma-2-Satellite-Receivers/GiGaBlue-Hybrid-DVB-C-DVB-T-Plug-and-Play-Tuner-Module

Larry-G
10-05-14, 13:25
here is the official Terrestrial / Cable tuner card for the Quad.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Plug-and-Play-Digital-Tuners/GiGaBlue-Hybrid-DVB-C-DVB-T-Plug-and-Play-Tuner-Module

tiggerbiker
10-05-14, 13:43
the cable tuner works perfectly in the quad,
i ordered my tuner card from WoS, great service as always

mikehunt43
10-05-14, 13:49
the cable tuner works perfectly in the quad,
i ordered my tuner card from WoS, great service as always

thank you.so do I just connect to my cable and scan?

tiggerbiker
10-05-14, 13:55
you have to input your local netid - other than that, yes

i will be playing with the autobouquets later so i can get my epg and channel listings set up better

mikehunt43
10-05-14, 14:04
so not sounding thick my autobouquets I use now I could use for the cable also? also epg via net? and use the same image helios?

tiggerbiker
10-05-14, 16:20
as i understand it there is a proof of concept version of autobouquets that works, i think you load that one first, run that then run the official sat version (assuming you use sat as well)

like i say, im really not sure myself - was going to play after the F1 quali but when i switched my box on to play, it was on TCM channel and the great escape is on :)

oh, yes - all on same image (helios)

if i go to my bouquets i just go down to last scanned and it shows all my cable channels - just at the moment the epg isnt fully populated and there are no picons (purely because i havent set it up properly) but i can flick from a channel on satelite to one on cable, just like zapping from bbc1 to bbc2 on your normal setup.
the only way i can tell if im on cable or sat is the LCD shows tuner c for cable and there is no picon (mine just shows blueHD when on cable channels due to the fantastic bluehd skin from rossi2000)

mikehunt43
10-05-14, 17:48
thank you very much m8.i will get a tuner and have a play ive got my idnet.i take it it asks for that?

tiggerbiker
10-05-14, 18:30
yeah, put it in the tuner settings then do a full scan, it should pick up all the channels then.
it took me a couple of goes to get it right - but then i tend to just dive in and not read up first!! - typical bloke, so my wife says

mikehunt43
10-05-14, 18:34
yep me also lol thank you for your help and pleased it works well

mikehunt43
11-05-14, 09:51
ok have just ordered one.my question is it acts as cable and Terrestrial.but with cable you normally have f connector and this has normal tv plugs so how do you make it connect to cable please? thank you

Joe_90
11-05-14, 18:51
I use two of these tuners in terrestrial mode and they use standard IEC connectors as you have noted. There are f-plug to IEC (TV) adapters available and they should do the trick but I have a question about the type of cable system you are using. Here in Ireland the predominant digital cable system in use is provided by UPC and channels are encrypted. I don't know if a softcam will read the type of viewing card used in UPC cable systems. I presume you are in the UK? Are the channels you are trying to view encrypted? I'm just curious as to usability with viewing cards.
These tuners will not handle analogue signals as far as I know.

tiggerbiker
11-05-14, 19:49
I use two of these tuners in terrestrial mode and they use standard IEC connectors as you have noted. There are f-plug to IEC (TV) adapters available and they should do the trick but I have a question about the type of cable system you are using. Here in Ireland the predominant digital cable system in use is provided by UPC and channels are encrypted. I don't know if a softcam will read the type of viewing card used in UPC cable systems. I presume you are in the UK? Are the channels you are trying to view encrypted? I'm just curious as to usability with viewing cards.
These tuners will not handle analogue signals as far as I know.

i just used a standard tv aerial connector fitted to the cable tv coax feed to my box, i cannot comment on the other bits as that type of talk is frowned upon here

Joe_90
11-05-14, 23:30
i just used a standard tv aerial connector fitted to the cable tv coax feed to my box, i cannot comment on the other bits as that type of talk is frowned upon here

I don't think there is any issue with genuine subscription cards being used for reception in boxes other than those originally supplied - see discussion in the satellite threads. I just wanted to know if the cable tuners were being used in conjunction with subscription cards or whether the cable channels were unencrypted. Maybe @mikehunt43 can enlighten?