PDA

View Full Version : Setup

shamonee
09-05-14, 13:06
Hi

some questions as im coming from an openbox S9 to this box and cant find much info

I have booted up setup internet and scanned 28.2 on tuner A do I have to scan B also or can I just link it to a satellite?
I have no bouquets/favs can I use the autobouqet creater? or ftp across?
Im going to pop a usb pendrive in to hold EPG/autobouquet info/picons
Then will connect a usb portable drive for storage, the manual says internal drive can be used but there is nothing in the spec?
Am I ok to install ipks packages such as TSPanel on this box

Box has crashed twice already, is this image related? have VIX installed. Seems very sluggish response

Hopefully will have it running soon and upload some images. Limited to when I can work on it with wife and daughter dominating TV :)

josh_g
09-05-14, 13:25
hi And welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

1. don't worry about scanning see point 2 below
2. if you looking for just sky channels run ABM and forget about channel lists
3. good i tend to prefer to use USB over internal flash
4. no experience of this box but assume that mean you can install a SATA hard drive inside instead of using an external USB one
5. feel free to install packages as .ipk or get them from the plugin feeds, i have no experience with TSPanel

if you have crashes you have logs, post them up and someone will be able to tell you why its crashing, maybe worth setting up a swap file if you feel the box is running slow, has sped up my TM-twin:thumbsup:

ronand
09-05-14, 13:29
Avoid tspanel. It overwrites system files and is not needed anyway.

shamonee
09-05-14, 18:34
1. don't worry about scanning see point 2 below
2. if you looking for just sky channels run ABM and forget about channel lists
how do I do this? I have my usb plugged in and initialised, I'm struggling to run epg/cross epg and setup the bouqests
3. good i tend to prefer to use USB over internal flash
4. no experience of this box but assume that mean you can install a SATA hard drive inside instead of using an external USB one
5. feel free to install packages as .ipk or get them from the plugin feeds, i have no experience with TSPanel
I have cccam working ok finally

shamonee
09-05-14, 18:39
I think im getting somewhere, mounted my usb and rebooted......

shamonee
09-05-14, 19:23
epg think I have sorted never had the setup as expert so EPG settings just produced blank screen!

autobouquets maker when scanning finds nothing....... loading bouquets, tuning sky England services 0 radio 0 then gives message: Timeout for tuner lock

I have selected UK England SKY and freesat

Also on first setup I couldn't set the screen size as in the arrows in the corners, when I try adjusting left or right there was no movement. Then when vix booted up in the menus im missing the first letter of the menus. So when I press menu it says ain Menu lol, I cannot find in the settings a way to adjust the settings without doing a factory reset which gives the options on initial bootup, however I still couldn't adjust it the second time round. I don't fancy doing it again seeing as I have some of the stuff working now

judge
09-05-14, 19:27
You should probably read some of the tutorials on http://openvix.co.uk
All these questions & more are already covered.

Larry-G
09-05-14, 19:28
epg think I have sorted never had the setup as expert so EPG settings just produced blank screen!

autobouquets maker when scanning finds nothing....... loading bouquets, tuning sky England services 0 radio 0 then gives message: Timeout for tuner lock

I have selected UK England SKY and freesat

Also on first setup I couldn't set the screen size as in the arrows in the corners, when I try adjusting left or right there was no movement. Then when vix booted up in the menus im missing the first letter of the menus. So when I press menu it says ain Menu lol, I cannot find in the settings a way to adjust the settings without doing a factory reset which gives the options on initial bootup, however I still couldn't adjust it the second time round. I don't fancy doing it again seeing as I have some of the stuff working now

make sure your tuners are correctly setup. and google the term overscan along with the make and model number of you'r TV then turn it off.

shamonee
09-05-14, 20:09
thanks for the overscan, strange never had to change it before, LG TV had it set to 16:9 changed to just scan and now menus are fine :thumbsup:

Ive followed the ABM guide but still no joy, only had Tuner A setup so set Tuner B up 'same as a' to see if it makes a difference but still the same. will keep trying

cheers guys

Larry-G
09-05-14, 20:44
so what is your exact setup ?, IE fixed dish for sky uk with two feeds from the dish to the receiver ?.

shamonee
09-05-14, 21:01
so what is your exact setup ?, IE fixed dish for sky uk with two feeds from the dish to the receiver ?.
Yes thats it, nothing too extreme

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk Pro

Larry-G
09-05-14, 21:06
set both you'r tuners up as so.

Simple
Single
28.2 east
No.

then try again.

shamonee
10-05-14, 08:16
Ok think i was making a mountain out of a mole hill......all bouquets are there using up/down

I have added channels to fav list which i can access through bouqests.
Im guessing the remotes fav button cannot be mapped to this as it doesnt work?

Got to pick up hdd for recordings but so far impressed. Thanks for your help guys

crates
11-05-14, 12:49
Timeout for tuner lock , I'll try and help I have miraclebox too, u have to not scan for channels as u get about 800 channels , and with mine I got tuner lock too so I removed channels and just let ABM set them up, sorry if a bit vague i'm new too this

shamonee
11-05-14, 13:20
Yes all sorted now. Been messing about with cccam & mgcamd now working. Sorting picons and setting up blackbox live app for streaming.

Have you used the free mblive app? I got it working but could only swipe screen to change channels, no other options (channels lists/bouquets etc)

Have blackbox working anyway which looks better

shamonee
13-05-14, 12:46
ok originally I setup my picons and epg on usb plugged into front (32gb) until my new pendrive arrived (4gb).
How do I go about swapping the usb pendrives? can I just copy any files onto the new pendrive or do I have to swap out, mount, and redownload the epg data, picons etc??

Cheers