PDA

View Full Version : vu2 solo optical and sound bar

mike4scuba
09-05-14, 08:00
vu2 solo optical and sound bar
hi i have a vu+ solo 2 and have the hdmi cable linking the sat box to the tv. sound and video fine

i want to add a panasonic sound bar to my setup which has optical in and red and white audio connections

i am wanting to use optical because of dolby digital and better sound than red and white audio

question is if i leave the hdmi cable connected will it continue to use the sound from hdmi or will it split and use video from hdmi and sound from optical

or will i need to remove the hdmi and connect to the tv for video another way

any ideas ....

this is the sound bar "Panasonic HTB65 90W Soundbar"

Sicilian
09-05-14, 08:03
Moved to correct section.

mike4scuba
09-05-14, 08:09
what section should it be under

maggiesfan
09-05-14, 08:50
I Have my soundbar connected to my LG TV via the optical, the HDMI is connected to my Vu+ Solo2,
in the TV menu I have change the sound setting to use external device.
So no sound come from the TV.

weirskynet
10-05-14, 08:11
My samsung soundbar connects to optical on tv and then I set tv option to have sound via soundbar

Every hdmi input then comes thru soundbar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
10-05-14, 17:15
Mmm ive never seen a tv pass dolby digital 5.1 from an hdmi input back out through its optical output discretly, they normally only send internal tuner or internal media player out in 5.1, hdmi input is usually downmixed the reason being because of certain copy protection worries, are you sure you arn't getting pro-logic from your hdmi input back out of your soundbar?

TK4|2|1
10-05-14, 17:52
I installed a Sonos PlayBar for someone on Friday (friggin awesome kit). They only have an optical input. Her Tv was a samsung 55inch smart tv, all HDMI input, which ever input she selected came out on optical.
A lot of manufacturers now have 1 HDMI dedicated as ARC (audio return channel) for connecting to home cinema/soundboards etc, which will send what ever input selected to your home cinema/soundbar.

Sent by pressing buttons.

Rob van der Does
10-05-14, 18:17
HDMI ARC means that when you use that input from an amp it can also be used as output to the same amp (so you need only one HDMI for both signal both ways).

TK4|2|1
10-05-14, 19:12
HDMI ARC means that when you use that input from an amp it can also be used as output to the same amp (so you need only one HDMI for both signal both ways).

Isn't that what I said?

Sent by pressing buttons.